General consensus on the white color for the CX5

White is the color of most aircraft and boats too. Overall its the most practical and safest.

Probably accessories give it more personality. Racing stripes might help.

White is not defined as a color because it is the sum of all possible colors. Black is not defined as a color because it is the absence of light, and therefore color.
Bet you're a lot of fun at parties. :D

I used to hate white. Then wife got a white car. I do love her Volvo. I'll post a pic here in a second. Then I saw the white CX5 and was surprised I liked it very much. In fact, I remember the only CRV that ever made me turn my head around back to look at it was a white one my friend bought. Highest trim, every option. Forgive me... it was the first time I saw a CRV and thought... that doesn't look too bad! It was the only time also. Must be the white, upper trim thing?!?

Even if you hate Volvo's you gotta admit she's purty. /edit/ and crooked :( /edit/ Especially when she takes her top off. 😁

Attachments

• IMG_20200107_170805.jpg
    IMG_20200107_170805.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 125
Last edited:
I have owned two white cars in my lifetime. Both were bought used so I didn't really have a choice as to color. But when shopping for a new car, I never even considered white. It just doesn't appeal to me. Nor would I ever buy a yellow, orange or red car. Good thing there are several choices available to suit differing opinions as to what is attractive.

I have owned two white cars in my lifetime. Both were bought used so I didn't really have a choice as to color. But when shopping for a new car, I never even considered white. It just doesn't appeal to me. Nor would I ever buy a yellow, orange or red car. Good thing there are several choices available to suit differing opinions as to what is attractive.
I bought a used '75 Vega once that was yellow.

Research says that yellow is the safest color out there because it's so highly visible.

White is the color of most aircraft and boats too. Overall its the most practical and safest.

Probably accessories give it more personality. Racing stripes might help.

cache_901954703.png

cache_901955219.jpg

cache_901955197.JPG

I've thought of it.

Last edited:
So drove my new white CX5 to work and was told it looks like a typical woman’s car. I didn’t really have a choice since this was the only GTR at the dealership. So what is the general consensus, is a white CX5 considered feminine? Do many guys drive white CX5’s?
Our's is Snowflake white with parchament leather interior... living in souther New Mexico it's a good choice.... walk through the parking lot some sunny day and feel the difference... and yes I'm a guy!

was told it looks like a typical woman’s car.
Definitely a jealous comment. Pay no attention to that person.
My wife drives a red, I drive a white.
Personally, I think white is the best color but that is entirely a matter of personal preference.

Bet you're a lot of fun at parties. :D

I used to hate white. Then wife got a white car. I do love her Volvo. I'll post a pic here in a second. Then I saw the white CX5 and was surprised I liked it very much. In fact, I remember the only CRV that ever made me turn my head around back to look at it was a white one my friend bought. Highest trim, every option. Forgive me... it was the first time I saw a CRV and thought... that doesn't look too bad! It was the only time also. Must be the white, upper trim thing?!?
Bet you're an engineer or physicist... It's brain washed into all of us!

Bet you're an engineer or physicist... It's brain washed into all of us!

So....is 2020 the first year of a new decade, or is it the last year of the current one?

I'm still depressed from watching country after country celebrate the New Millennia at 12:01 AM Jan 1, 2000.

Et tu, Great Britain?

*sigh*

Probably because it's stock 🤷‍♂️. I see a lot of women driving them around here

I let the guy that claimed its a girls car drive it. He couldn't believe how good the acceleration and handling is. Thought it compares more to a Lexus or BMW. He still busted my chops about the color though. Oh well.

When I lived in NY, if a guy came to work wearing a new outfit and acting all proud, it was not unusual for someone to ask - Do they also sell it in men's sizes?
Nothing personal, just but busting your chaps, especially if they know it bothers you.
That's what that guy is doing to you.

So....is 2020 the first year of a new decade, or is it the last year of the current one?
I'm still depressed from watching country after country celebrate the New Millennia at 12:01 AM Jan 1, 2000.

Here's a guy I want to have a beer with.
Gets on soap box.
I hated this so much. With a passion. Not to get too off topic, but when did we start tracking time in Millenniums? This was the biggest farce I've seen ever pulled on the entire WORLD. Love to know who started it. What millennium were we moving into? The 2nd one? The 2000th one? Not really sure and no one can answer. Why? Because if you look at the very definition of the term, it is: ANY period... of 1,000 years. So 1-2001 = a millenium. 2-2002 = a millenium. Absolutely the lamest thing ever. O no... wait. NOT the lamest thing ever. That might be the 99-00 total BS scare. Or is it the fact that we LEFT the 20th century in Dec 2000 and moved into the 21st Century.... and no one seemed to thing that was a monumental occasion?!?!?!

/End
Sorry. Yea, sort of a pet peeve. And now we have a generation named after this fictional millennium. Centurions would have been so much better. :D

And then there was ”The Millennium” or Newmannium Seinfield episode, lol

Here's a guy I want to have a beer with.
Gets on soap box.
I hated this so much. With a passion. Not to get too off topic, but when did we start tracking time in Millenniums? This was the biggest farce I've seen ever pulled on the entire WORLD. Love to know who started it. What millennium were we moving into? The 2nd one? The 2000th one? Not really sure and no one can answer. Why? Because if you look at the very definition of the term, it is: ANY period... of 1,000 years. So 1-2001 = a millenium. 2-2002 = a millenium. Absolutely the lamest thing ever. O no... wait. NOT the lamest thing ever. That might be the 99-00 total BS scare. Or is it the fact that we LEFT the 20th century in Dec 2000 and moved into the 21st Century.... and no one seemed to thing that was a monumental occasion?!?!?!

/End
Sorry. Yea, sort of a pet peeve. And now we have a generation named after this fictional millennium. Centurions would have been so much better. :D
I love you, Bro.

"ANY period... of 1,000 years. So 1-2001 = a millenium. 2-2002 = a millenium."

I was gonna say the same darned thing in my original comment, except about decades. TODAY is the first day of the next ten years!!! And so was yesterday. And so will be tomorrow.

Just keep in mind that the modern version of "The Emperor's Clothes" ends with the honest little boy strung up from a tree in the towne square next to the "We Are A Tolerant City" sign, so watch your Six.

On my 2nd white CX-5. I love how it shines, and it doesn't require a ton of maintenance like a black vehicle would. Plus, with tinted windows and the white/black contrast it looks pretty sweet. What kind of car does the person that commented on your car drive?

Back