Gauge talk

mx-p5

Team Fail Motorsports
Contributor
:
03.5 Protege5
Alright, looking into pickup some gauges up to keep better track of my babies internals after overheating and the stock temp gauge reading normal.

Whatcha'll use? Any brand over the other? And pricing?

I'm looking for an engine temp, oil pressure, and volt meter(up for debate if you recomend a different than volt, please suggest)

Also, I'll be doing this for an N/A car so A/F is pointless other than to look pretty

voltmeter was to fill third slot in gauge pod

Wanting to order this today

2008_radioface.jpg

So these are cheapy?

Prosport

More prosport

Wee bit more

Alright, looking into pickup some gauges up to keep better track of my babies internals after overheating and the stock temp gauge reading normal.

Whatcha'll use? Any brand over the other? And pricing?

I'm looking for an engine temp, oil pressure, and volt meter(up for debate if you recomend a different than volt, please suggest)

Also, I'll be doing this for an N/A car so A/F is pointless other than to look pretty

Overheating while the gauge read normal? This is a bit frightening...was steam rising from your hood your first clue? I like the AutoMeter UltraLite series...PG sells them. You really don't need volts, and there's a group buy going on right now (ForceFed) for a steering column dual gauge pod. Are you planning on getting the oil sandwich for oil pressure?

Overheating while the gauge read normal? This is a bit frightening...was steam rising from your hood your first clue? I like the AutoMeter UltraLite series...PG sells them. You really don't need volts, and there's a group buy going on right now (ForceFed) for a steering column dual gauge pod. Are you planning on getting the oil sandwich for oil pressure?

yeah, once the stock gauge "starts" reading above normal, you're already heading into over heat territory

Yeah, i had already shut down cause i saw the steam and stock gauge read normal.

Autometer setup is gonna run me about $50 more than a Prosport setup.

I'd do Ebay, but, what kind of return policy you get if it goes bad? That and I would prefer to support a vendor. lol

Just ordered the DIN Gauge Pod. should be here next week

Now just waiting to hear back from Ken to send over the funding for the set of Prosports

So, noone else on here has gauges? Or, should I take this into the MSP or eletronics threads?

lol guess not man, i still cant get a hold of ken...I want those gauges dammit

i got hold of em yesterday, he was supposed to call me back. Tried a few times today, and nothing. He did tell me he'll honor pricing though when I finally get ahold of em.

Back