Fuel Pump upgrades

Crap...

mazda speed forums . org

click enter forums

mazdaspeed3 how twos

how to data base

its under "fuel"

Last edited:
So i looked at the autotech and its really nice and has a lifetime warranty but if i just replace the internals would that be sufficient enough. Just didn't want to spend 1k on a fuel pump.

Internals are just fine, again if skills & tools are available.

That's what most folks do simply because of the price for the full pump, but that's the price you pay for no skills, no tools and nobody to talk into doing it for you... :)

They are very easy to install. Just make sure that everything is clean and you just follow the instructions to the T.

HPFPupgrade.com

Pumps are around the price of internals from other places. His pumps are also powering the highest hp mazdaspeed's (one of them on a stock block making over 500hp and the other is making 640hp). I've been running the pump for 10k now, no dips in pressure and the pump holds at relief valve pressure without issue.

So what. I know the owner of the 500hp stock block speed and he is royally dependent on meth. 30g/hr iirc. Just cuz the car makes gobs of power doesn't mean its all on gas. Both those cars run on meth 1st gas 2nd.

And there are 500hp speeds running around with cpe pumps

What do you mean, "So what"? This isn't some **** measuring competition, you don't own that car, I don't own that car. Nor did I say those cars ran on gas only. I was offering some advice to a guy looking for a pump. You gave your 2 cents, I'm giving mine.

Also, there is A speed running a CP-E making over 500, not speeds.

never said it was but you clearly do not know the history of that company. why u all defensive

I clearly do know the history of the company. I have been in the Mazda scene since 2008 and I personally know John and I've searched all the threads on the other mazdaspeed site before making my purchase. You clearly don't know the history of the company if you are telling anyone to buy only three other brands of fuel pumps.

Point I am trying to make is that there is another option for fuel pumps, that are of good quality, power the highest horsepower mazdaspeed's and are at a great price. And it was an option for pumps that has yet to be presented in this thread.

I am not getting defensive, I am very much on the offense, junior.

Oh my mistake, you have been in the mazda scene as long as nearly every other mazda owner, my mistake. And I know the history of john quite well, with the multiple pump failures, his maf screens, his freeze plug that only distributed meth to cylinders 2 and 3, his history on the srt forums disabling knock sensors.....yea I don't know about him at all.

He powers 2 high hp mazdaspeeds, I guess the other 50 running around with other pump brands don't count, just like his 2% failure rate....

Sorry old man, my mistake. Carry on....

Oh my mistake, you have been in the mazda scene as long as nearly every other mazda owner, my mistake. And I know the history of john quite well, with the multiple pump failures, his maf screens, his freeze plug that only distributed meth to cylinders 2 and 3, his history on the srt forums disabling knock sensors.....yea I don't know about him at all.

He powers 2 high hp mazdaspeeds, I guess the other 50 running around with other pump brands don't count, just like his 2% failure rate....

Sorry old man, my mistake. Carry on....

Wow, just wow. I feel like someone who pretends to be as educated in this scene as you shouldn't need an explanation on this, but either you are incredibly ignorant or a pretender.

Stating how long I have been in the Mazda scene is again, not a **** measuring competition, it was to establish a reference point from when I started researching mazdaspeed info and now.

You need to read more about the resolution of those failures if you still think the last word on them is that the owners were SOL afterwards. Not only that, but now failures are beginning to roll in on KMD's and Autotechs and also there have been failures associated with CP-E. So to act like this pump is somehow bad news because of past failures, despite current running status and ignoring current failures on pump brands you have listed is mental gymnastics worthy of a gold medal.

I won't comment on those parts as manufacturers sometimes comeout with useless parts for cars (front upper strut bar on a speed3 anyone?)

There are not 50 cars making over 500hp. Unless they aren't posting about it, but logic would dictate that anyone taking this platform to new levels would also be involved with the community and be a well known name within the tuning and tech support area. There are not 50 cars making 500hp. So you can believe the hype about him and his products (which are mostly on personal levels), but the products he is currently making are top notch and just as good as anything else on the market right now. WHICH, as I have said, was the original intent of even posting about his pumps before your troll ass came marching through.

TLDR; HPFPupgrade.com is another place to get pumps for the speed3, despite trolls being trolls.

Hey your the one that started the dick measuring competition. And not all enthusiasts are on forums nor want to deal with drama. If you knew anything you would understand that forum members make up only a small margin of product sales.

And I am a well established member in the community, same can't be said for you and your whopping 11 posts. The assumptions you make are astounding. There are 10 speeds I can think of off the top of my head within a 50 mile radius that are within arms read of 500hp or north of that, so please do not educate the educated.

Tl;dr stop swinging off the nuts of a shady vendor. I don't need to expose this. John at hpfp or ptp or whatever he is now makes his reputation quite clear amongst many platforms

I started one? Show me. And that is bull****, anyone who is an enthusiast will be an ancillary member of a forum. Take me for instance, with thousands of posts across 4 mazda and mazdaspeed forums, but only a whopping 11 here. I don't make assumptions, I present facts.

Many vendors have come out with aftermarket products that have failed on their first go, just like PTP. And just like other vendors he has rebounded in a magnanimous way. You are still working on 3 year old information about his standing in the community if you believe him to be shady. Everybody that has DEALT with him (as in bought a part that failed) has been taken care of, just like any vendor would do. Then you anti-PTP nut swingers come along and follow him from forum to forum like the horsemen of the apocalypse without even a minute of firsthand experience with him.

I can count 30 in a 10 mile radius making 700 hp. So I can play that game, too.

And aint no nut swinging here, buddy. I am just letting any potential CDFP buyers know that there is another vendor out there and that the three you listed are currently racking up documented failures, especially KMD and there hasn't been a PTP failure in over a year. My goal is to stop the mainstream news media approach of information from happening. You know, where they tell a story before all the facts are available, replay in ten times a day, and then don't post a follow up when the true story comes to light to inform everyone that what they said wasn't totally factual? Yeah, same situation here.

I started one? Show me. And that is bull****, anyone who is an enthusiast will be an ancillary member of a forum. Take me for instance, with thousands of posts across 4 mazda and mazdaspeed forums, but only a whopping 11 here. I don't make assumptions, I present facts. - Sure "I have been in the Mazda scene since 2008"

Many vendors have come out with aftermarket products that have failed on their first go, just like PTP. And just like other vendors he has rebounded in a magnanimous way. You are still working on 3 year old information about his standing in the community if you believe him to be shady. Everybody that has DEALT with him (as in bought a part that failed) has been taken care of, just like any vendor would do. Then you anti-PTP nut swingers come along and follow him from forum to forum like the horsemen of the apocalypse without even a minute of firsthand experience with him.

I can count 30 in a 10 mile radius making 700 hp. So I can play that game, too. So between your "30" with 700 (which i call bulls*** to the Nth Degree) and the 10 within 50 miles of me, that makes 40 speeds over 500, you are telling me that there's not another 10 in the entire world making that power? thanks for blowing a hole in your own argument.

And aint no nut swinging here, buddy. I am just letting any potential CDFP buyers know that there is another vendor out there and that the three you listed are currently racking up documented failures, especially KMD and there hasn't been a PTP failure in over a year. My goal is to stop the mainstream news media approach of information from happening. You know, where they tell a story before all the facts are available, replay in ten times a day, and then don't post a follow up when the true story comes to light to inform everyone that what they said wasn't totally factual? Yeah, same situation here. any vendor can have a part fail, but the manner in which people are taken care of is what separates them. John coming onto the forums and calling his potential customers douchebags and assholes isnt exactly the way to conduct a business, but we can look past that now because you say so

give the proper credit where it is due. Yes john can lay claim to tuning and having parts in kevin and erich's car. but it is the guys that own it that deserve the credit. just because i have a cpe pump doesnt mean cpe can claim the bragging rights if i make 500hp. In fact i hate cpe, but they make a solid product backed up by a warranty and are not changing names every 6 months.

Funny, i dont see you on MSF
you have 11 posts here
not on speed forums
279 posts on m3f
400 or so posts on NW

and your 29. gtfo punk

go hang on mazdasnw, the only place that john can show face

Last edited:
Sure "I have been in the Mazda scene since 2008"
I already told you why I stated when I began in the Mazda scene. Your inference is the fail, not my reasoning.

So between your "30" with 700 (which i call bulls*** to the Nth Degree) and the 10 within 50 miles of me, that makes 40 speeds over 500, you are telling me that there's not another 10 in the entire world making that power? thanks for blowing a hole in your own argument.
Uhh, really dude? You couldn't see what I was doing with that? Inference fail #2.

any vendor can have a part fail, but the manner in which people are taken care of is what separates them. John coming onto the forums and calling his potential customers douchebags and assholes isnt exactly the way to conduct a business, but we can look past that now because you say so
Show me where I excused his online behavior? Never once did I excuse the way he conducts himself on forums and since you Googled my username, you could also search my posts and see I am a critic of his online representation. I am only talking about the parts the guy is making, something that people like you, still living in the dark ages of the platform, think are nothing but fail. I am here to tell you that that opinion is less than correct.

give the proper credit where it is due. Yes john can lay claim to tuning and having parts in kevin and erich's car. but it is the guys that own it that deserve the credit. just because i have a cpe pump doesnt mean cpe can claim the bragging rights if i make 500hp. In fact i hate cpe, but they make a solid product backed up by a warranty and are not changing names every 6 months.

1. Never claimed that his FP made those cars go to the power levels that they did. Inference fail #3. I only stated that they were in cars making over 500 hp, a claim that is true. 2. HPFPupgrade has been around for over a year. If I had a pack a ravenous trolls follow me from forum to forum, stating that my parts are garbage without firsthand knowledge of them, I'd be looking to change my name and get ahead of them, too. It's a business decision, and one that most people would do with the trolls who scan forums looking for any reference of his name, such as yourself, and without any firsthand knowledge of him or his parts.

Funny, i dont see you on MSF
you have 11 posts here
not on speed forums
279 posts on m3f
400 or so posts on NW

and you're 29. gtfo punk

go hang on mazdasnw, the only place that john can show face

I'm on there.
This is not that great of a forum.
Really? Haven't been on there in months, but I was sure it was over 1000.
Ok.

And? Did I give you the impression I was older? Or does my age somehow take away my credibility, despite the fact I have been textually b**** slapping you for two days now?

I will, first website I went on this morning. And he may be back on msf soon, now that most of the nut swinging trolls he has have also been banned from there.

Last edited:
lol dude, do yourself a favor and read what you post.
I already told you why I stated when I began in the Mazda scene. Your inference is the fail, not my reasoning.
If you beating of your chest about how long you have been in the mazda scene isnt instigating a dick measuring contest then you are a retard
Uhh, really dude? You couldn't see what I was doing with that?
so you are a liar, thanks for clearing that up and establishing your credibility
Show me where I excused his online behavior? Never once did I excuse the way he conducts himself on forums and since you Googled my username, you could also search my posts and see I am a critic of his online representation. I am only talking about the parts the guy is making, something that people like you, still living in the dark ages of the platform, think are nothing but fail. I am here to tell you that that opinion is less than correct.
john goes into the same bucket as E4, Midieval, Dabears2k John@theshopct Race Roots etc. you living with your head buried in the sand and being a fanboi does not excuse his behavior.
1. Never claimed that his FP made those cars go to the power levels that they did. Inference fail #3. I only stated that they were in cars making over 500 hp, a claim that is true. 2. HPFPupgrade has been around for over a year. If I had a pack a ravenous trolls follow me from forum to forum, stating that my parts are garbage without firsthand knowledge of them, I'd be looking to change my name and get ahead of them, too. It's a business decision, and one that most people would do with the trolls who scan forums looking for any reference of his name, such as yourself, and without any firsthand knowledge of him or his parts.
if i had to file chapter 11 and reopen several times as well as piss a s*** ton of people off i would change my name too. its not a business decision, its a last ditch effort to get out
And? Did I give you the impression I was older?
calling someone "junior" would infer the poster would have a vast knowledge coming from experience or age, of which you clearly have neither

now please leave and take your fail with you.

tho i agree this forum is weak
if kevin brings him back to msf the members will tear into him so fast he wont be able to get a word in edgewise. if you were on that forum you would know he came back for a short stint to fix any issues people were having only to be banned within 2 weeks

Back