Fuel consumption CX5

erhayes

Contributor
:
2022CX5 PP
2014 CX5 touring. Full tank to Low fuel light=351 miles. Refill with 12.20 gallons means there was 2.6 gallons in reserve(14.8 gallon tank) AFTER the low fuel light just trips on. 28.77 MPG. 100% suburban easy driving with AC on 90% of the time. Ed

Yeah, not bad and pretty consistent with what others have been seeing. Our CX-5 in overall 120K miles, has gotten 26.4 MPH. I was happy but with our CX-9, I am averaging 23.4 MPG. A 3 MPG hit seems small to me considering the size difference and power difference. I would assume a CX-5 with the 2.5T would average something like 25 MPG, which is honestly well worth it to me.

I just finished my second tank on my 2019 GT Reserve.

I live in a hilly, winding rural area with little stop & go (but lots of accelerating/decelerating through the curves), and mostly 45MPH or over speed limits.

The first tank was 23.4 by the computer. I did not manually calculate it because I had no idea how the dealer topped it (or didn't).
My second tank was 25.3 manually calculated and 24.8 per the computer. This tank had 100 highway (70MPH) miles on it.

I was returning home from a trip today and noticed that I was near the 600 mile break-in threshold, so I drove around to hit it. I then did what I've been dying to do since I got the car. Let's just say that the turbo is amazing, and while manual shift mode ain't the same as a stick shift, it makes these back roads a lot more fun to drive. That being said, I'm not certain what kind of mileage I'm gonna get out of Tank #3.

2018 Touring, Real #s : 20 MPG daily driving (lot of stop and go) and 25MPG when mostly highway. I find the computer is lying and claims a bit higher than the Real MPG.

2018 Sport. I've been averaging 24.3 to 24.7 over 4500 miles. Last less-than-half tank fill up was 8.25 gallons with a hand calculation value of 21.85. It was my first and last fill up of Smith's gas.

Back