Fruity Smell on a new SUV?

Pototoy

:
2016 CX-5 GT with tech
Fruity smell when climate control (heat) is set to 70F. I googled and this is what I got:

Coolant containing sweet-smelling (but toxic) ethylene glycol is leaking from somewhere. It could be coming from a radiator or heater hose, a failed intake manifold gasket or cylinder head. It might be coming from a leaky radiator cap or the radiator itself, especially if you smell it outside the car. A strong odor inside the passenger compartment probably means a bad heater core.

I called my Mazda service and I was told that they have to check the car on site. Well, I dont have any leaks-- so here am I people Mazda247 the online help :D. I don't want to visit them and send home right away. :D

Watdyathink?

PS. This is for my '17 CX9, but CX9 forum is .......

When I traded in my last car, I left my air freshener from bath and body works (left in a inconspicuous spot so i forgot to take it out) when turning it in. I believe it was mango pineapple.

:(

Fruity smell when climate control (heat) is set to 70F. I googled and this is what I got:

Coolant containing sweet-smelling (but toxic) ethylene glycol is leaking from somewhere. It could be coming from a radiator or heater hose, a failed intake manifold gasket or cylinder head. It might be coming from a leaky radiator cap or the radiator itself, especially if you smell it outside the car. A strong odor inside the passenger compartment probably means a bad heater core.

I called my Mazda service and I was told that they have to check the car on site. Well, I don’t have any leaks-- so here am I people Mazda247 “the online help” :D. I don't want to visit them and send home right away. :D

Watdyathink?

PS. This is for my '17 CX9, but CX9 forum is .......

Get it checked out with the dealer. I had a co-worker whose brand new VW had this smell. Never saw the leak but it would spray coolant out the vents when she cranked it.

Back