went to get my a/c recharged today to discover a leak on the high pressure a/c hose line. going to replace that and try again. at least the weather has been kind. i see a FOUR SEASONS brand ac hose on rock auto for a decent price. is that brand any good? never heard of it
i plan on changing up the spring rates on my coilovers soon. currently sitting on 6k/4k and i have a 7k spring on hand. car will be a daily because i want to enjoy it and it will only see 1 to 2 road racing events per year. should i do 7k/6k, 6k/7k, or buy 8k springs and run 8k/7k?
parked the car on the street after work. moved it onto the driveway later and noticed an oil spot on the street. one of the AN fittings is leaking again and left a mess. don't know which one yet. sprayed down the area to make it easier when i diagnose it on thursday. these oil system components are becoming too much work.
car has been running well. picked up a laptop and i plan on datalogging and playing with the tune in the next couple weeks.
started on my spring swap. decided to go from 6/4k to 8/6k. managed to put the 8k's on the front and the car as it sits (8/4k) handles so much better already. i didn't think 6k would too soft for the front end but live and learn.
encountered a new leak. what's new this time is it ISN'T an AN fitting lol. this time it was by the rear passenger corner of the oil pan. i cleaned it off and drove it the next day to see where it was leaking from and appears to be the oil dip stick tube where it goes into the engine. i HOPE i'm correct thinking it's that because it wasn't previously replaced so now i ordered an o ring. my mechanic told me he thinks i could just be having too much positive crank case pressure and to add a check valve from my catch can to my intake main to prevent boost going from the intake mani back into the engine. check valve is in the mail and in the mean time, i vented my catch can to see if there's any improvements on the leak.
the bad all happened out of the blue so that sucks.
- wiped off all oil before work, took car off jack stands, drove to work to test it out. pushed it a little
- checked car during my lunch break, oil is present again in circled areas which were cleaned off in the morning (pic 1)
- thinking it is the oil dip stick, i cleaned and wrapped a napkin around it for my drive home. thought about it some more, dip stick would spray in 360 degrees right? (pic 2)
- during my drive home, oil was leaking onto my exhaust causing smoke making me look like an idiot.
- got home, found that napkin around dipstick is dry. found oil coming out of vc at the gasket and at my oil cap (pic 3 and 4)
- going to replace vc gasket and pcv and try again.
- will drive it around the block for testing purposes. i thought i was past this point lol..
- other than that I don’t know what else to do or look for
- went to friends house to pressure wash a spare valve cover for powder coating as my current is chipping really bad
- got cr3 valve cover hardware on the way too to make it look even prettier.