Fresh Sweet Donuts Everywhere! (work log)

(u_u) ...zZzZzzz
Been kind of troubleshooting an issue on and off for the past few months. Usually in hot weather, the car would drive itself when letting off the throttle, like the car had cruise control...? Haha. It wouldn't speed up or anything, just maintain speed. It ended up being the cheapo TPS I installed back in May of 2018. I know, why did I even install an ebay TPS? It's what I had on hand and wanted the car operational. Hey, it did last a while so I guess I'll give it that. Damian hooked me up with a couple throttle bodies he had on hand. Cleaned one of them and installed it last Wednesday but didn't get a chance to go for a ride with it until today. I know it's only been one short trip but the car does seem like it's back to normal. Let off the gas and engine braking happens immediately.

Thanks @Dpwhitehead1 !

(u_u) ...zZzZzzz
Heard a weird noise one day going from neutral to first. Like if you had a bunch of washers and bolts in your hands and jiggled it. Crawled under and found the shift linkage bushings are done. Ordered some a couple weeks ago and finally got to it. Have the shift linkage removed so I can work on it when I have spare time.

(u_u) ...zZzZzzz
Referring to the picture above, I was only able to install the longer bolt of the two included. I was unaware the shorter one is for the bottom of the shifter to the shift linkage which doesn't work for me because I have a TWM short shifter and it uses a skinnier bolt. TWM came with their own bushings and they've worked well over the past decade. I'm positive the shorter bolt and bushings are made for the OEM shifter if my memory serves me right. If anyone is interested in purchasing that piece from me, shoot me a message.

Drilled out the pressed bolt a bit and then used a flathead and a hammer to get the thinner side of the head off.

Success!

Photo didn't focus properly but of course I couldn't just have stuck the bushings in. You can see a metal nub inside that I had to file off. It wouldn't allow the new bushing to slide in otherwise.

All done. I thought the kit would replace the square head bolt and bushings too, identical to the long bolt shown in the product but it didn't. That's my mistake for assuming things. Just spoke to Scott from Exile Autoworx and placed another order for one of the longer bolts and bushings :)

All in all I'm happy it went pretty smoothly and it did replace the bushings that were causing all the noise.

(u_u) ...zZzZzzz
It gets rid of all the slop for sure when you're not using squishy bushings. Thanks for the compliment! I just enjoy taking pics and haven't used the camera in a long time. I understand the basics of exposing a photo but by no means a professional photographer 😂

:
2003.5 MSP
Those bushings work great, my shifter and linkage are identical and have held up for many miles.

Always great pictures in your posts, what sort of camera do you use?