Found Water in my door panel

BADFISH6

:
2007 Mazdaspeed6 Metallic Grey
Today I decided i finally would try to get the dent out of my drivers side door thats been bothering me almost the entire time Ive owned the car. After I finally removed the wiring harness from hell and removed the door panel I realized the dent I wanted to remove was behind a support bar in a location I could not access....waste of 2 hours. To make things even worse I found water throughout the inside of the door and even a small pool of water at the bottom. And to make things worse once again, the tweeter on the drivers side door does not work. Anybody else found water in their door? Any ideas how to get the dent out? Where can i buy a new tweeter for cheap?

Picture of the dent, the bar obstructing the dent, and some water

Attachments

• DSC00225.jpg
    DSC00225.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 369
  • DSC00224.jpg
    DSC00224.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 284
  • DSC00221.jpg
    DSC00221.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 325
At the bottom of the door are drain holes. Are they clogged?? some water getting in the door skin is normal. It rolls down the window and the seal at the base is not 100% waterproof. You have the drains just for that reason... If theyre clogged clear them out and you should be good to go...
Note if there is prior accident damage it may have a improper repair done and that may be your issue....

I went to school for auto body, and the one thing I learned from it is if you want something to look good you should fix it right. Its a long process but you should grind off part of the paint, use a slide hammer and get it as close as straight as possible, bondo it, prime it, wet sand it, paint your base coat, and then spray a clear coat. Lotta work for that.

I know they do have paintless dent repair. I didnt learn much about it, but I think they just go in on the side of your door with like a strong wire tool, and just kinda tap on the back til it pops out.

Sometimes a trick that works is if its hot outside, take and ice cube (ive heard dry ice as well, but I thought it might mess up the clear coat) and hold it up against the metal. Theoretically the temperature change should make the metal get tighter and it should pop out on its own.

I guess if none of that works you could try your luck with those dent puller suction cup things. I personally dont think they work, but doesnt hurt to try I guess.

Back