Found this wire hanging under the lower dash panel? Should I be worried?

I just found out a wire hanging under the steering wheel. This is my new 2020 CX5 signature car purchased 3 weeks ago. I didn't saw this until today. I had my remote starter installed by the dealer 2 weeks ago but didnt see anything hanging after the installation.
1559AC21-3C15-4B4E-B057-56D089834899.jpeg

should i be worried ???Pls advice?

That looks like several wires!
YIKES!
Yep, take it back to the dealer.
You do not want to short the wires together, or ground them out against something under the dash if they are connect to power.

It is kind of in the way. If everything works maybe it's something they didn't need or want but I would hold off on clipping it short until you know what it is.

Thanks for the suggestion. I will take it tomorrow to my dealer. Not sure which area is affected by this open wiring..😧🤞

Depending upon the maker of your remote start, they are probably wires for unused functions - such as external horn, or sidelights, etc. My Fortin had a bunch of spares wires from the harness, but I just unplugged them from the connector(s) and removed them completely.

I would not worry about these, but I would suggest you make sure the ends are insulated with tape (as others said) and then just tape or tie wrap them out of the way. A lot faster and easier to do it yourself than have to take the time (& gas) to go to the dealer and wait around for your appointment etc.

Go to the dealer.

I would not mess with it myself no matter how benign looking, and they need to be shown their crap work.

Nothing like spending $37,000+ and having your car look like a toaster in the Goodwill reject bin.

I just found out a wire hanging under the steering wheel. This is my new 2020 CX5 signature car purchased 3 weeks ago. I didn't saw this until today. I had my remote starter installed by the dealer 2 weeks ago but didnt see anything hanging after the installation.View attachment 223017

should i be worried ???Pls advice?
Based on the location and nothing else... my guess is this is the wiring harness to the dealer alarm that gets installed on most cars. Not part of the factory wiring.
In any event, first thing I would do is to pay the dealer an early visit and let them know Mazda Japan would be interested in seeing these pictures.
Let us know how it goes.

Likely the remote starter like others have said. I installed a Fortin a few weeks ago and there was extra wires just like that. I definitely didn’t leave them hanging like that though.

If it were my car, I’d take the panel off to see just how crappy their work is before trusting anything else they do.

Took the car to the dealer, and they told that the hanging wire is due the crappy remote start work they did and forgot to tie up the extra wires 🙄🙄🙄....

Just as I said.

Depending upon the maker of your remote start, they are probably wires for unused functions [...]

I would not worry about these, but I would suggest you make sure the ends are insulated with tape (as others said) and then just tape or tie wrap them out of the way. A lot faster and easier to do it yourself than have to take the time (& gas) to go to the dealer and wait around for your appointment etc.

Took the car to the dealer, and they told that the hanging wire is due the crappy remote start work they did and forgot to tie up the extra wires 🙄🙄🙄....
Good for you for taking it back and having them fix their own mistakes.
Maybe the Service Manager will make sure this does not happen to anyone else.

Maybe.

Yes another 10 seconds with a wire tie and a piece of tape to complete the job. Come on Mr Tech!
It amazes me.

It takes more energy to look at an incomplete job and ponder that being a slob is a laudable goal than it takes to just do it right in the first place.

Wife's CX-5 had wires hanging recently as well......must've loosen over time after my Fortin Remote DIY install from last year. Anyhow the Bluetooth appears to not be pairing with smart phones. I think in our case we probably disconnected the bluetooth wiring :( Now I'm gonna have to inspect it.

Back