Found my all black bumper guard

:
Phoenix
:
2020 CX5 signature
As some of you may have followed, I was looking for an all black bumper guard that went down over the back, as seen in my pic. There's several nice ones posted here but all had some chrome which I didn't want. While not a true protector, this definitely does the job to protect against scuff and those dragged packages. It's about a 1mm rubber/vinyl with a peel off self adhesive back. Fits well and slightly flexible to countour to the shape of the horizontal to the verticle. Also wide enough to cover the lip. Without regard to the carbon fiber design it really looks like it belongs.

Shipping came about a week earlier than the early estimated date

The "CX-5" seems to be decals that can be peeled off, though my car white so it's not a huge thing, though I think I'd like it plain black - what do you think

IMG_20200703_142004.jpg
IMG_20200703_142001.jpg
IMG_20200703_142014.jpg
IMG_20200703_142007.jpg
IMG_20200703_142140.jpg
IMG_20200703_142120.jpg
IMG_20200703_142009.jpg

:
Pueblo county CO
:
CX-5 Sport 16.5 6M
The cx5 logo looks fine as it is. If it looks like it might wear off anyway I can see why you might want to remove it now. It would look good in all black, too.

So it is a peel n stick? I guess it fits pretty tight. Might be better than foam tape.

:
Phoenix
:
2020 CX5 signature
So it is a peel n stick? I guess it fits pretty tight. Might be better than foam tape.
Yes and yes, since it's adhesive along the entire back. But it did seem like you could still pull it up if you choose

sm1ke

Work In Progress..
Contributor
:
Canada
:
'18 CX-9 Signature
It's a little unsightly in my opinion, but if you like it, go for it! I would just leave the CX-5 on.

Have you considered a clear PPF film? They make films specifically for the purpose you describe, and it's clear (though you can still see the outline of the protector up close).

:
Phoenix
:
2020 CX5 signature
Have you considered a clear PPF film? They make films specifically for the purpose you describe, and it's clear (though you can still see the outline of the protector up close).
I found Mazda's part for the 2013-2015?

Last edited:
:
Ottawa, Ontario
:
17 Mazda 6 GT
It's a little unsightly in my opinion, but if you like it, go for it!
Maybe it has to do with the fact it's on a white vehicle?
Black on white is definitely noticeable.
Might look better and less in-your-face on a darker colour CX-5.

:
2019 CX5 Reserve AWD
Looks nice, especially on a white vehicle. Only thing that worries me is the piece that hangs over the lip on the bumper. I could see the adhesive weakening and the piece starting to come loose.

sm1ke

Work In Progress..
Contributor
:
Canada
:
'18 CX-9 Signature
Maybe it has to do with the fact it's on a white vehicle?
Black on white is definitely noticeable.
Might look better and less in-your-face on a darker colour CX-5.
Yeah I think you're right, it's just the contrast. To be fair, it does kind of match with the black lower bumper guard, so it's already growing on me.