Forge motorsport blow off valve kit - mazdaspeed protege

:
Mazda, Speed protege, 2003, orange
Just as the title suggests I am wondering about the forge motorsport blow off valve kit for the mazdaspeed protege. I can not seem to find any forums with someone who has purchased and installed one of these guys. I am looking to put it on my msp, at the moment I have the corksport fmic kit with the cold air intake kit as well. The kit is designed to work with the stock bpv but I seem to be getting back pressure and it is causing some turbo surge which isn't good for my turbo. It sounds like this unit will fix my issue with out any modification but I would like to see a picture or something so I can see how this guy is installed.

The kit link is here- http://www.protegegarage.com/1074-forge-motorsport-blow-off-valve-kit-mazdaspeed-protege.html

If any one knows or has this kit I would love to hear about it

I've actually ran it on my msp. Great little bov. It's just needs a little bit of "tuning" with the springs/shims but once you get it down its great. Still flutters a little bit but that's just the way the msp sounds.

if all your after is the BOV noise just vent the stock BPV otu to the air so its effectivly a bov... sounds good like that as well.

I'm more curious if it requires a maf relocation or if it just replaces the stock bpv in the same spot. I know mazda didn't put very good bpv's in so I kinda wana replace it as well as have a vent to atmosphere because I like the sound more.

I've actually ran it on my msp. Great little bov. It's just needs a little bit of "tuning" with the springs/shims but once you get it down its great. Still flutters a little bit but that's just the way the msp sounds.

I have one on mine, and it works pretty well. My stock BPV was leaking so I noticed a big improvement. How do you go about tuning it? i bought ine used and just installed it.

Back