Fogs?

Zoomzoom17

:
'08 Mazda3i Sedan
Okay, so I have an 08 Mazda3 i Touring. I don't have fogs but I want them. Is it possible to take out the covers they have and install some fogs?

ok quick run down, and i am sure i a forgetting some stuff. you will need fogs, new switch harness (some have some don't) if harness isn't there you will need to add fuses into both the fuse pannel and the PJB.

I just put some in mine. Got them from ebay.
https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

Installed them myself (and the help of a tutorial). It wasn't terribly hard. And they work great.

DSC01794.jpg

DSC01797.jpg

DSC01795.jpg

Actually, you'll have to take off the whole front bumper. The covers are screwed in on the inside.
Yes, it came with all the required wiring, too.

you dont have to take out the bumper. there are 3 screws under the car in the fog lights area. take of those 3 screws, pull out the plastic and u get access to the fog lights, they are hooked up on clips. veryy simple to put them in. the hardest part was running the wire to the dashboard.cause the whole is so tiny and u gotta fit a lot of wires there, but taking of the plastics from the interior of the car is pretty simple. If you search angles eyes install on mazda 3... it explains how to take of the plastics inside the car.

you dont have to take out the bumper. there are 3 screws under the car in the fog lights area. take of those 3 screws, pull out the plastic and u get access to the fog lights, they are hooked up on clips. veryy simple to put them in. the hardest part was running the wire to the dashboard.cause the whole is so tiny and u gotta fit a lot of wires there, but taking of the plastics from the interior of the car is pretty simple. If you search angles eyes install on mazda 3... it explains how to take of the plastics inside the car.

You are aware of the underbody shield that prevents you from getting under there without unscrewing it first, right?

Mz3_sok07_Fbprrmvl_sm02.jpg

I'm really not sure. I kinda doubt it.
I just kinda figured it out as I went.

But you can have a professional installation done. Could be a couple hundred bucks, though.

I'm really not sure. I kinda doubt it.
I just kinda figured it out as I went.

But you can have a professional installation done. Could be a couple hundred bucks, though.
Nah this is something that I could do, all I really need to know is where to connect them. My first guess would be the battery right? I can find a way to it.

Nah this is something that I could do, all I really need to know is where to connect them. My first guess would be the battery right? I can find a way to it.

Yeah, pretty much right to the battery.

You will probably have to take the steering wheel dash off to get at the control panel on the left.
And you'll have to fish a wire through the firewall (I used the hole used by the hood release).
And then a wire over to the fuse box on the right side under the dash and into one of the fuses.

Latest posts

Back