Fog Light Instructions

h69

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has the factory fog light installation instructions they would like to share. I am interested in installing some fog lights on my Mazda 5 and was wondering how hard is it to do and what I need to make it work. Any advice or information is appreciated.

HT

Thank your friendly Mazda Parts Guy! :)

Attachments

• Fog_Lamps_Install_(Mazda5).pdf
    360.1 KB · Views: 15,426
foglights

h69 said:
Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has the factory fog light installation instructions they would like to share. I am interested in installing some fog lights on my Mazda 5 and was wondering how hard is it to do and what I need to make it work. Any advice or information is appreciated.

HT

Hallo h69,

As a new member of this forum I'm also interested in installing foglights on my MAZDA 5.
Please can you forward any (technical) information how this must be done and what part have to be added on the car?

With kind regards,
Jacques
The Netherlands.

thanks for the "how to manual"....... but I believe you can install this without removing the front bumper....... the cover under the front of the car can be removed and the fog light covers will snap out....... I've already taken them out and put them back in without removing the front bumper....... but I'm looking at your comments on the OEM fog lights and I'm thinking of installing some aftermarket fog lights that look OEM.........

For those that have done this:

In the sport, are the wiring harnesses already present behind the front bumper through the firewall etc?

The instructions make it seem as if the harness is already clipped back there waiting to have the lights plugged into them. That seems a bit unusual, but possible I guess if the harnesses are the same for all trim levels as they roll down the assembly line.

-edit:
In fact, the wiring IS back there. It's plugged into a dummy plug on the back of the plastic inserts. Obviously, so is the relay and all the other wiring.

No need to remove the bumper. Just remove 3 philips screws that hold plastic trim on the left and right front of the car behind the bumper. You don't even have to remove said plastic trim, with 3 screws off, you can just bend it back gently. The fogs will fit through that hole. Takes 20 minutes per side TOPS.

Last edited:
OEM fog light instructions

Does anybody have instruction on how to install OEM Fog Light on a 2003 Mazda 6? It would really help me alot.Thanks!

I realize this is a very old thread, but felt the need to come back and post this for others that may find this down the line. I installed the oem fog lamp kit today on a 2010 Mazda5 Sport. You do in fact have to take the bumper all the way off in order to access one of the two screw holding the fog lamp to the bumper. Removing the bumper is actually a breeze if you follow the instructions and makes mounting the new lamps way easier. To confirm, the wire harness for each fog is already attached to the back of the stock covers you are removing. As for the switch, I was able to install mine without taking the upper hood off as is specified in the instructions. If you remove the two lower screws, the plastic column cover comes far enough apart to be able to swap out the switch. I'm happy with the results. I'd estimate it took 1.5 hrs tops.

I recently purchased a 2008 Mazda MX-5 Miata Sport in which the Convenience Package wasn't installed. I want to install fog lights and need to purchase the fog lights installation kit containing the lights, brackets, switch, wiring harness (not sure it's included on my car), everything needed for installation, and detail installation instructions. I've read the threads in this section and the attached installation instructions; however, I'm not sure if it pertains to my vehicle. Can anyone tell me the kit that I should purchase and where I can purchase it? Also, please tell me if the attached installation instructions are correct for my vehicle. Thanks...

I'm pretty sure it doesn't apply to your vehicle since this v is a Mazda5 forum, not An MX-5 forum.

I recently purchased a 2008 Mazda MX-5 Miata Sport in which the Convenience Package wasn't installed. I want to install fog lights and need to purchase the fog lights installation kit containing the lights, brackets, switch, wiring harness (not sure it's included on my car), everything needed for installation, and detail installation instructions. I've read the threads in this section and the attached installation instructions; however, I'm not sure if it pertains to my vehicle. Can anyone tell me the kit that I should purchase and where I can purchase it? Also, please tell me if the attached installation instructions are correct for my vehicle. Thanks...

Mxplea10, the MX-5 (Miata) is not the same as the Mazda5 (microvan, sometimes abbreviated mz5).

I have a question. I have a 2007 Mazda5 and was wondering if instead of replacing the turn signal switch assembly, I could mount the Mazda6 fog light switch in the dash. I only have the sport version of the Mazda5 and there seem to be a dummy switch cover on the left side of the dash. Has anyone done this before, and what wiring would I need to connect?

Latest posts

Back