Firmware 70.00.367A

Just saw this thread, what do the updates improve? Speed of operation like when changing radio stations? Speed of boot-up?

For me, the biggest difference was that Spotify would resume quicker.
I believe the start-up time was just a little bit faster (1-2 seconds)
I don't use Sirius, so I can't comment on that, but others have given feedback.

Really? How many occurrences of this have you had evidence of? Sigh.

Anyway, to re-ask the question, no-one with the tweaks installed has upgraded the factory firmware?

Find out from the dealer how much it would cost to repair that first. Call a random dealer, and see how much it'd cost to replace or unbrick a bricked Infotainment system.

It might be enough of a deterrent lol

He my dealer update my .352 firmware to .367 today after multiple issues and random reboots. As soon as I got in the car after the update this afternoon, I noticed that XM radio started up within 10 seconds of turning on the car. A notable improvement. I’ll keep an eye out for other benefits.

I'm brand new to all this, and just trying to figure it out. I'm currently on version 59. What do they mean by "prepared USB stick?" I didn't see where they told me how to prepare a USB drive for this. Does the flash drive have to of certain capacity?

After almost a year of owning my '19 Signature,I've determined that MOST of the infotainment issues iwth SiriusXM I SEEM to have are related to me acting too fast to do something with the infotainment system after starting the car.

It seems like when I Just let the thing boot for a minute or so, I NEVER have issues.

If I start fiddling with the commander knob and doing stuff before its fully loaded, that's when I seem to have most of MY issues.

My wife's 2019 Cx-5 was at version .100, we were seeing some of the documented issues that were fixed in later versions, so I had her try the update at the dealer while in for oil change to .367.

While things seemed fine in afternoon, found out early this AM (it was still dark out), that we lost the backlighting on the climate controls and swtiches on left side of steering wheel (camera on/off etc).

Its a bit hard hard to see due to contrast, but see attached picture. Climate control buttons are dark. I did a factroy reset on settings just to see if that would correct, but no dice. Anyone one else seeimng this?

I don't see any setting for backlight intensity (in event it as cleared), so unless any other suggestions, I guess it is back to dealer.

PXL_20201028_234430473.jpg

Just updated my recently purchased 2020 CX-5 Signature to the latest firmware.

It would have gone easier and more smoothly if somewhere in all the postings here, in all the instructions here and found on the Internet, there was a note saying "The Update Procedure Will NOT Work If Using a USB 3.x Flashdrive".

I tried three different flash drives on two different computers to make the update drive. The car recognized that a drive had been inserted, but after doing the "99" thing and having the update procedure look on the drive for the update file, it always said "No Update Found".

Scrounging through desk drawers I found and prepared a USB 2.0 drive. The update went flawlessly.

It's not like I didn't have an additional 40 minutes to waste, but it sure would have been nice to not do so.

I appreciate the long instructions posted here on how to do the update; they were very helpful. Thanks.

Last edited:
It would have gone easier and more smoothly if somewhere in all the postings here, in all the instructions here and found on the Internet, there was a note saying "The Update Procedure Will NOT Work If Using a USB 3.x Flashdrive".

I've updated both my 2019 MX-5 and 2020 CX-5 twice each using this USB 3.0 flash drive.

IMG_1458.JPG

I've updated both my 2019 MX-5 and 2020 CX-5 twice each using this USB 3.0 flash drive.
That's interesting. Perhaps it is the size of the USB 3.0 drive that makes a difference. I tried a 16GB, and two 32 drives and none of them worked. The USB 2.0 drives was only 4GB.

The USB 3.0 drives I use are 32 GB (you can see part of the "32" in the lower, right-hand corner of the photo I posted).

Having used various USB drives for various types of updates and music storage in various vehicles over the years, I find that the format can present the biggest compatibility issue. Most vehicles tend to prefer FAT32. Some USB drives may be formatted with Apple HFS or HFS+, Microsoft's NTFS, or something else.

True, that is why I asked what scheme to format the USB drives into. My drives were all formatted as FAT32. One was a Silicon Power and the other was a Patriot Rage. Given that your 32GB drive worked and mine didn't, there must be other, more subtle differences. At least now folks are on notice that multiple drives may be necessary to find one that works properly.

At my day job, I deal with industrial PLCs and other types of controllers. Most of these have USB ports (many of which are still based on the USB 1.1 specification). Some USB drives work and some don't - I've never found a rhyme or reason.

While things seemed fine in afternoon, found out early this AM (it was still dark out), that we lost the backlighting on the climate controls and swtiches on left side of steering wheel (camera on/off etc).

That backlighting is adjusted by rotating the stick above the tachometer. Have you already tried that? The climate knobs are only illuminated when headlights are on.

Last edited:
Hello All
This may be a dumb question but doe Mazda recommend end users do the updates? or is this for the more savvy end user to do. Many new cars have over air updates. I am surprised they do not as well?

Mazda does NOT want anyone but dealers doing updates. If something goes wrong during the update procedure, Mazda is NOT responsible for it. When the instructions are followed exactly, the risk in something going wrong is very low, but not zero.

Back