Fender rolling party anyone?

fishdonotbounce

Registered Zombie
:
08.5 CWP Speed3
EDIT: Location - Will's house - http://api.viglink.com/api/click?fo...e=gplus-ogsb&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_13327968583561

Time - April 1st @ Noon

Ok fuckers, this is how s***'s going down. Will and I need to roll our fenders cause our s***'s so ballin that the fenders can't contain the ballingness in their current state. As I understand it, Chippy needs to roll his as well. What I propose is that we get our ******* resources together and rent a tool for the weekend to do the job right. We can do this s*** on April Fools day since it should be warm and will be the time to get those sexy summer setups back on the car. I want to make a meet of this. Anyone that wants to just kick it, can kick it. When we get a head count, we can decide where we can have the shindig. If you're down, post up. If you're not and you feel like bullshitting, that's cool too. Let's get this s*** started.

Last edited:
I have a fender roller, but the baby can come any day so I can't really leave Columbus. You guys are more than welcome to use my roller if you can get it.

I have a fender roller, but the baby can come any day so I can't really leave Columbus. You guys are more than welcome to use my roller if you can get it.

might make a trip up there once your all settled down with the baby being born and what not....also me and my gf probably will be moving to Columbus sometime also, just let me know whats good for you

Oh really? I come down to Cbus every other weekend so I'll swing by and grab it one of these days. I'll chip in a little sumthin sumthin for your troubles. Thanks man!

Chippy has ballin' setup. Chippy needs fenders rolled, too. Chippy approves of this meet.

edit: Chippy will most certainly chip in for a portion of Nate's roller. That is all.

Chippy must talk in 3rd person at this meet as well or no deal

I know, but I've never seen a decent fender roll job in person. Every one I've seen leaves me thinking..."Why the hell would someone destroy their fenders like that? Do they honestly think that looks OK??"

But, I have to remind myself that I'm a body man, so I have higher standards than most. lol

Evan #2 did an amazing job when he did his

Evan did do a good job on his but I don't think I would ever do it to one of my cars. In my mind it invites rust.

just hit it with some undercoating afterwards?

I know, but I've never seen a decent fender roll job in person. Every one I've seen leaves me thinking..."Why the hell would someone destroy their fenders like that? Do they honestly think that looks OK??"

But, I have to remind myself that I'm a body man, so I have higher standards than most. lol

You better be careful or we will make you roll the fenders on all our cars so it meets your standard :)

But in all seriousness, what has looked not OK about previous rolled fenders?

Haha! It's one thing to do that to an old ass Protege, or MX6, etc., but all your MS3's are nice, newer vehicles!! Body work is more expensive than people think, if done wrong, it's NOT going to be a cheap fix.

To me, if the fender doesn't have that factory look to it, then it looks like crap. I've seen some exceptions in mags and whatnot, where the lips are extended and pushed out a bit, but they're smooth as silk and look really good. Most I've seen up close are all wavy/lumpy, like a piece of bacon or something. That and/or they're flared way out and you can clearly see the lip all smashed/crimped together. Again, just not very attractive IMO.

And like Larry said, if you crack any paint, you'd better get something on there to protect from rust! The outside of the lip will be easy enough, but getting inside the "crimped" part on the inside of the panel will be tricky.

Evan #2 did do a great job on his. The reason I set up the April 1st date is because it should be warm by then. Cold = more chance of paint cracking. We will also be using heat guns. It's a slow, laborious process to get it right but it is worth it in the end. I'll be damned if the fenders on my MS3 are done half assed and I'm sure everyone else feels the same way.

No offense....but you guys are saying they look "great". Again, I do this for a living, so I have different standards than you guys and might not share the same opinion. lol

I'm not trying to start anything either, just poking at yinz a bit! I do hope your cars come out great, because again, they're all far too nice to have body damage like that. :)

Back