Feedback/concerns/review on Pirelli p7 all season Plus!

:
Mazda CX-5 2015 FWD GT
Planning to buy these over other probables Michelin Ltx, yokos, continental truecontact and bf Goodrich.

Please provide feedback on these for dry and wet weather (no snow).

My experience is based on the Pirelli P7 without the plus severe snow rating. The new plus version may be improved.
When new they are great. Quiet and good grip in all roads including snow. However I found them to wear quickly and as they did the traction was much worse on wet or snow covered roads. I replaced my regular P7 tires at 35-40k miles. Not terrible but not great either.
The most compelling reason to buy these is to use them year round instead of switching to dedicated snow tires. If you intended to use snow tires for winter then there are better value options for 3 season tires.

On my 2016.5 I have the P7 Plus for about 15k miles now.

All in all, I don't have any complaints. I can't think of any problems with them in rain or snow. Road noise / ride seems to normal and life expectancy should be as advertised.

I understand this isn't a ringing endorsement, but they definitely get the job done. If you aren't picky or they are on sale I say go for it - you won't be disappointed.

As a closing thought, I'm pretty picky when it comes to my cars. If I had to do it all over again I think I would have going with the Michelin's - from what I've read they are a little easier on the road noise and ride.

Thanks!

Yes, price makes it a great deal (less than half of Michelin's). I was also leaning towards Continental or Michelin's before this :). Given that there is no glaring red flag, I'll mostly go with the P7's.

P7's are on tirerack listed as (closeout). They include a $160 discount. Total for 4 tires was less then $350.
IF you are near a pickup location they discount an additional $40 off. That is crazy cheap for a full set of P7's.

Reading this thread reminded me of this past november when I got new tires.I decided to try the Cooper CS-5 Ultra Touring (ooh la la,CS5 on my CX-5) after my Altimax RT-43s had degraded to poor wet traction.Anyway,while walking around the showroom and checking out the different tires I noticed one particular Michelin looked to have about 8/32's total tread depth.Seems pretty skimpy.Either they wear like iron or maybe they wear out before dry rotting as seems to be reported by some Michelin users.Just my observation and conspiracy theory.

I just posted the following comment an another thread regarding Pirelli's which may also prove helpful here..........While I agree that Pirelli makes a great tire be VERY sure that your tire dealer will warranty them as the sticker on the Pirelli tires that I have seen say that Pirelli will not warranty a tire that has a speed rating lower than that used as original equipment by the car manufacturer. In my case the OEM Toyo tires on my CX-5 GT are V rated, therefore going to a lower H rated Pirelli tire, for example may be an issue if it comes to having a warranty issue. On the other hand I asked my COSTCO tire rep about this and he said that all their warranty's are covered by COSTCO and NOT the manufacturer(Pirelli, Michelin, or Bridgestone), so buying a Pirelli from them would not be an issue.

****I just rechecked yesterday with my COSTCO tire rep and he said that they in fact DON'T recommend or choose to install H rated All Season tires on V rated vehicles but WILL recommend and install H rated Winter tires on V rated vehicles, because all their warranties are offered by COSTCO and not the manufacturer.

Last edited:
Back