Favorites erased! It happened to me too

:
2019 CX-5 Signature
I recall reading about someone (or more than one) having their favorites vanish on their CX-5.

Well, it just happened to me out of the blue. I can’t recall any reboots and I never lost battery power at all. I have a 2019 with .352 installed.
I’ll have the dealer install .367 next oil change and see if that helps.

I had thought that had happened to ours a coupla weeks ago. Only one radio station was left on the list. Then the next time I drove it they were all there (back?). I haven't been sure if I was imagining it or not, but they're all there now. Hmmm.

That's promising. I haven't touched it since I noticed this yesterday, so I'll see if they "self-restore". If not, no big deal. I wanted to reorganize my stations anyway. Still, it is a rather odd occurrence.

Happened to me about 5 months ago. PITA re-entering everything again. Hasn't happened since and like you no reboot or battery lose.

My whole infotainment system reset after jumping my son's Mazda3 a few months ago. Last week while driving, the entire infotainment screen went black. Sirius XM continued to play. I was several miles from home. When I got there I shut the car off & restarted it, the screen was back & all the settings were still there.

Keep in mind that, if you shut down engine and restart it immediately, the MID is not fully rebooted from beginning. Within 30 mins, it boots up more quickly. To do a clean reboot, you need to wait for 30 mins or longer. I rarely have any issue with the version from '17 CX5. Maybe newer models have newer versions which might come with more glitches...

All of my Favorites just disappeared. I was doing errands today and the fourth time I started the car, the Favorites list was empty. I just checked and one hour after returning home, the list has not auto-repopulated.

I only had eight or nine stations on the list, but this is still annoying.

2020 CX-5 Signature, six weeks old.

All of my Favorites just disappeared. I was doing errands today and the fourth time I started the car, the Favorites list was empty. I just checked and one hour after returning home, the list has not auto-repopulated.

I only had eight or nine stations on the list, but this is still annoying.

2020 CX-5 Signature, six weeks old.
Everybody gets to experience it at least once. It's a feature not a bug.

Back