Farewell

2ManyCars

:
2008 MS3 GT (SOLD)
Well, after 8 operations on my back, I reached a point where driving the MS3 was just too painful. It served as a faithful daily driver, keeping my Z06 dry on rainy days. It was a sad thing to do but I had to trade it in for another option. My choice was a bit different - a Ford SVT Raptor (cool). But the MS3 will always be one of my favorites...

I will be signing on a few more times to sell a couple of parts that I figured some members might want (TWM shift knob, Forge BPV). I wont charge much but just hope they go to good use.

Thanks much to all of the forum members who provided assistance over the past 3 years. Most of you guys are younger than I am and I appreciated you putting up with an old dude asking sometimes stupid questions...

I also really appreciate the forum and it's moderators. You guys do a good job.

(usa)

Last edited:
Sorry to see you go-is the SVT Raptor that much more of a comfortable ride? It is probably easier letting the MS3 go with a Z06 sitting in the garage! If I bought a truck it would be between a SVT or the Dodge Rumble Bee (or whatever that thing is called)! You got pics of it? Good luck in the future!

Edit: And I'll be looking out for your FS threads-I'll lowball you at $50 shipped for the Forge BPV, hehehe...

Thanks much. It was basically the shifting that was killing me. The Raptor is actually really comfortable to drive - even more than a standard F-150. Good heated seats with good lumbar and lateral support. It's also got a 6.2 so it's pretty quick.

This is identical to the truck I purchased...

http://www.the-car-guide.net/wp-content/uploads/2010-ford-f-150-svt-raptor.jpg

I'll post the FS either later today or over the weekend. I will probably take any reasonable offer and will discount for any active military or folks who were over in the sandbox.

Damn man, not to rain on your parade but that raptor is nasty looking.....Maybe if it was black it would look better.

BTW, I just noticed that you live in Poway......im from Rancho Bernardo :)

Nasty looking? Seriously? Oh no - here I already took delivery of it! Maybe it's not too late to bring it back? I'll run right back to the dealership first thing in the morning... :)

Those are sooo sweet! Can't wait to see pics. Nice buy man!, good luck with it!

Yeah I don't know how you can say it looks nasty. Dealership I used to drive by had the exact same thing sitting outside, made me turn my head every time I drove by. Looks bad ass to me

Did you even consider an F150 with the new 3.7 Ecoboost?
The Raptor is cool and all, but is obviously designed for serious off road capability. Not something I imagine you would be doing with a bad back!
Nice truck either way, considering it will likely never see anything more "off road" than maybe an occasional pass on some two track.

Saw one at a show in phili last winter and thought they were pretty sweet. But alas, I need my truck for ulitily so I could never get the tacoma xrunner, raptor, srt10 ram, or any of those type

Nice ride man, be sure to sign back on with some actual pics one last time

:) I confess that practicality took a back seat to "that looks bad azz". The Ecoboost is supposed to be a great motor. I just could not get past the unique look of the Raptor. That 6.2 has a lot of pull. The interior is also really great with a lot of interesting features. At some point, I will take it down a gravel road to say it's been offroad.

The funniest part is the reaction of folks on the freeway. They are a bit more courteous to the Raptor than they were toward the MS3... :)

The funniest part is the reaction of folks on the freeway. They are a bit more courteous to the Raptor than they were toward the MS3... :)

Yeah I'm sure you don't have to wait too long for the people clogging up the left lane to get out of your way.

Back