False Horsepower Rating

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow...this thread is full of ridiculous

First of all I'd be surprised if the car is only making 170ish in first gear, the car pulls pretty hard in first and second...and third for that matter...170ish would be about what a civic SI puts down and this car pulls much harder in first than an SI...even in the vtec...

wow...this thread is full of ridiculous

First of all I'd be surprised if the car is only making 170ish in first gear, the car pulls pretty hard in first and second...and third for that matter...170ish would be about what a civic SI puts down and this car pulls much harder in first than an SI...even in the vtec...

Its makes 170 cause its a speed3 and mazda limits boost in frist and second to prevent wheel spin and tq steer. if you have a spped6 then your get full power in 1st and second cause 4wd

Its makes 170 cause its a speed3 and mazda limits boost in frist and second to prevent wheel spin and tq steer. if you have a spped6 then your get full power in 1st and second cause 4wd

I know all about the boost limiting in an attempt to quell torque steer, but I doubt its that restrictive...also according to MT it only affects the first two gears?

I know all about the boost limiting in an attempt to quell torque steer, but I doubt its that restrictive...also according to MT it only affects the first two gears?

Yeah its limited to first 2 gears so yeah you get less power this is common knolege I thought LOL!(drunk)

well 235-170 = 65 not 90 and you get like 8psi in first 12 in second and full 15.6 in third so at half boost (-65hp) is reasonble

OHHH was 170 whp? I misread it I guess I thought the OP said crank hp. Thats a lot more reasonable...especially when you do the HP/TQ conversion at 5500rpm......making sense now.

To OP: Mazda's lawyers will hand you your ass along with a bill for lawyers fees for filing a frivilous lawsuit.

What in the hell would you do with full power in first and second gear? s***, I can smoke 'em at will in both gears and could when at full stock. You do get full power potential in third gear and on up. Our problem is traction, not power in the first two gears.

If anything, their ratings are probably a bit conservative considering that many purely stock cars are dynoing at 240-245 whp.

To OP: Mazda's lawyers will hand you your ass along with a bill for lawyers fees for filing a frivilous lawsuit.

What in the hell would you do with full power in first and second gear? s***, I can smoke 'em at will in both gears and could when at full stock. You do get full power potential in third gear and on up. Our problem is traction, not power in the first two gears.

If anything, their ratings are probably a bit conservative considering that many purely stock cars are dynoing at 240-245 whp.

Yea 240 at the wheels is closer to 275 or 280 at the crank...

^ Yeah 235 at the wheels is 11% drivetrain loss a fair standard is 15%-25% so 263hp is definatly conservative...

25%? In all my dyno days I've never seen anything lose 25% bro...thats a big loss in the powertrain...12 to 15% for manuals seems to be normal 15 to 20 for auto's/awd cars...are you seeing vehicles with 25% drivetrain loss? if so what vehicle?

25%? In all my dyno days I've never seen anything lose 25% bro...thats a big loss in the powertrain...12 to 15% for manuals seems to be normal 15 to 20 for auto's/awd cars...are you seeing vehicles with 25% drivetrain loss? if so what vehicle?

ppl riding donks that take half the hp to turn those stupid 30'' rimmmmmzzzzz!!!!

yeah I thinkg 25% is a little extreme but thats what youll get if you go to a Dynodynamics 4whd dyno. I think 15% is more reasoble especcailly for a standard... Thats why this thread is reducoulus the guy is complaing for law suit whit 11%loss LOL!!!

I think that's Dial soap in that one picture. I hate that stuff. Smells terrible and dries your skin out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back