Factory ordering accessories

Is there a list somewhere of which accessories can be or must be installed at the factory (or port)? I'm not a fan of dealer installs of anything (although this will be my first Mazda and first experience with Mazda dealers), and would like to know what accessories can be ordered with a factory order for a CX-5 Signature. Thanks!

Gee, your question migrated from the original group, but the responses seem to have been left in the ethosphere...

I believe that no accessories are installed at the factory in Japan. They are either installed at the port of arrival and then the car is shipped to the dealer, or they are installed at the dealer.

When I ordered my car, the dealer installed the roof rails, the splash guards (front and back), the rear bumper guard, the cargo cover, and the hitch. They did a professional job on all of them.

For sake of clarity and accuracy, here are all the accessories that are available for the Signature, so people can comment on specifics:

Requiring Install
-Front & Read Bumper Trim Package
-Trailer Hitch
-Roof Rack Side Rails
-Roof Rack Crossbars
-Illuminated Doorsill Trim Plates
-Interior Lighting Kit
-Moonroof Wind Deflector
-Rear Bumper Guard
-Side Window Deflectors
-Splash Guards, Front
-Splash Guards, Rear
-Retractable Cargo Cover
-Wheel Locks

So Easy A 5 Year Old Can Do It
-Windshield Sunscreen
-Cargo Mat, Carpeted
-Soft Cargo Liner
-Cargo Tray
-Cargo Net
-All-Weather Floor Mats

Note: This raises interesting questions on the point-of-installation for other accessories on other trims that I won't derail this thread with. Those questions don't apply here because the Sig is fully-loaded.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info! Can you give me a little insight about the ordering process? How long it took, was the dealer happy to do it, were you able to get any discounts, etc? Thanks again.

Thanks for the info! Can you give me a little insight about the ordering process? How long it took, was the dealer happy to do it, were you able to get any discounts, etc? Thanks again.
I received the minimal discounts.

I forget what the quoted delivery time was,,,5 to 6 weeks comes to mind. The dealer had no problem processing a factory order...maybe my not taking an "off-the-lot" car restricted my negotiating room.

A week or so after I placed my order, the dealer called and said he had a car in my color already in the pipeline, and they could install the accessories there: roof rails, the splash guards (front and back), the rear bumper guard, the cargo cover, and the hitch. I agreed, in order to expedite receipt of my car. I did not ask why they were unaware of the "on its way" car at the time I placed my order. Maybe they didn't think to offer that solution at the time.

Everything went fine until the meeting with the "finance guy." You know, the "no hassle buying process" really means that the pressure to buy the overpriced add-on services has been taken out of the hands of the salesguy (so it's not in the way of closing the deal) and put in the hands of the finance guy (after you've made the decision to buy). It's actually a smart thing for them to do.

The sales guy had kept hyping their "paint and interior protection package" from the moment he picked me up to go take delivery. I asked the guy exactly what protection product they planned on applying to my leather seats. He of course had no idea. I took a brochure from the company whose products they use and tried to research them when I got home. The web address on the brochure was no good...it did not link to any business!!! Nor could I find any trace of any such entity existing. I told the sales guy, he said he would look into it and get back to me. Yeh. Right. [crickets]

The real insult came when the finance guy tried to sell me a Wheel and Tire Protection package; you know, pothole damage insurance. There were no brochures or literature for this one...just graphics on the guy's tablet. So he shows me a picture of an explosion of a front end, with high repair $$$ pointing to the various suspension components. I said "I thought this insurance was only for tires & rims. What's with all the front end repair costs?" His reply: "Yeh, I hate that picture." He swiped it away and moved on. I wish I had thought to take a picture of it with my phone, damned shyster stuff.

Haha yes. The answers to those pitches must always be no! My current lease is up in July, so I guess I'll start the process in May. Thanks again.

Haha yes. The answers to those pitches must always be no! My current lease is up in July, so I guess I'll start the process in May. Thanks again.
You're welcome.

Good luck with the process.

These are very nice cars.

Back