Factory Mazda2 specs?

cartracer12

:
2018, Mazda 3 Sport, GT
I was wondering if anyone had information on the factory Mazda2 suspension specifications.

Factory spring rates, factory stabilizer bar size/sizes.

I own a 2012 Mazda2 GX automatic and I am thinking of trading in for a 2013 Mazda2 GX manual with convenience package.

For some reason when test driving the two cars back to back the 2013 handles better, I'm just wondering if there was some sort of suspension update.
It feels as if the spring rate may be stiffer, or the stabilizer bar may be bigger (far less body roll) both cars have 35,000kms

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

I'm not too familiar with the Canadian models, but all models all years in the US had the same sway bar size up front (no rear bar) and from what I've researched, the same spring rates(which have been calculated to an estimated 180F and 135R)

I didn't think there were any differences, its weird becuase the two cars feel so different to drive. Maybe because the second one is a manual and there is more to do and less delay it feels more planted.

Yeah I think with the manual trans being lighter and a few more accessories in the interior the weight distribution might be making it feel more nimble too

I was wondering if anyone had information on the factory Mazda2 suspension specifications.

Factory spring rates, factory stabilizer bar size/sizes.

I own a 2012 Mazda2 GX automatic and I am thinking of trading in for a 2013 Mazda2 GX manual with convenience package.

For some reason when test driving the two cars back to back the 2013 handles better, I'm just wondering if there was some sort of suspension update.
It feels as if the spring rate may be stiffer, or the stabilizer bar may be bigger (far less body roll) both cars have 35,000kms

My guess is that the 2013 manual Mazda feels like it handles better because it is lighter than the automatic and might have better tires on it.

Different toe settings can have a BIG effect on turn-in feel. Not to mention the rear beam spec range is pretty wide and could be anywhere between those two you drove.

I performed a wheel alignment on both cars are both cars are equally in spec. They both have the same kms, same tire tread.
I think it is simply the weight distribution and the emotional enjoyment of driving the manual.

Back