Extended warranty cost?

Think there was a thread somewhere on that. If I remember correctly price varies from greatly from one dealer to another but was in the range 1.3k to 2.4k for the extended package. Just price shop different dealers and see the cheapest.
They got few options as well.

I paid $2.4K for mine. Bumper to bumper 10 years/150K miles on my CX5 GT-R, $200 deductible nationally, $0 deductible at my dealer (who has proven honest and competent with repairs multiple times in the past).

Uno payed full price.

Like everything else, an extended warranty can be negotiated...and that's with any dealer. You aren't limited to the one you bought the car from.

Uno payed full price.

Like everything else, an extended warranty can be negotiated...and that's with any dealer. You aren't limited to the one you bought the car from.

This is true. That being said, usually if you buy the added protection from the same dealer you're getting the car from, they may be more willing to flex on price (since they're already making money on the sale of the vehicle).

This is true. That being said, usually if you buy the added protection from the same dealer you're getting the car from, they may be more willing to flex on price (since they're already making money on the sale of the vehicle).

This is not true for all of us buyers. My dealer never called me for any service and has sent 2 letters in 3 years. I guess it depends on if you were Chuck Norris in negotiations - they mostly wont bother.

This is not true for all of us buyers. My dealer never called me for any service and has sent 2 letters in 3 years. I guess it depends on if you were Chuck Norris in negotiations - they mostly wont bother.

Sorry, I should have clarified. What I meant to say was that if you purchase the extended warranty from the same dealer you're buying the car from at the time of the vehicle purchase, the finance manager is usually more flexible on price because they can work it into the vehicle deal.

Sounds like I overpaid. Sigh. 8 years/120K, $100 deductible. $2400. Oh well. Financed at .9% so not terrible.

Mine refused t9 budge. It was a better deal than the one offered by ky credit union though, so I went with it.

Hey all, are you guys buying an actual Mazda extended warranty from a 3rd party seller? Or is it a 3rd party warranty that is accepted at Mazda dealerships?

I was looking on the Mazda website and I couldnt find any warrantys that went past 100k miles.

Thanks.

Picked up the new cx-5 yesterday, but dealer didnt want to discount warranty much so passed for now. Is there a US dealer out there that is known to discount extended warranties pretty heavily?

Picked up the new cx-5 yesterday, but dealer didn*t want to discount warranty much so passed for now. Is there a US dealer out there that is known to discount extended warranties pretty heavily?

Mazda isnt like GM or Dodge. They don't offer a warranty. The individual dealer offers a warranty product from a symbiotic company. The cost and efficacy of said warranty depend on the dealership and their symbiosis and how strong the dealer's footing is. My dealer is absolutely rock solid, even eating a $2800 repair bill for me one time, as they replaced the diff I had flooded in my last cx5. Even though I did not buy it or a warranty from them.

In turn, I paid 2400 for a 10/150k mile warranty from them with this cx5. They refused to bargain on it even after I turned it down and finalized all paperwork without it, and left the dealership. I came back 2 hours later and got it. I know of no stronger bargaining than to believe myself, that I couldnt be swayed (they didnt even try discounting it). Zero deductible, covers everything but tires, belts, and oddly, speakers. Zero deductible at my dealer, 200 nationally.

Different dealers may offer and stand behind different warranties, differently.

I came back and got it because I realized after an hour and a half that I truly liked my GT-R as more than an appliance.

So are you saying that Mazda doesnt offer a factory-backed extended warranty? The dealer I purchased from mentioned something about them all being aftermarket, but I was in a rush to get home so didnt stay for the whole spiel.

Every other brand Ive bought cars from has had a manufacturer backed warranty so Im a bit surprised to hear this.

When I bought my 16.5 2.75 years ago, I got a Mazda Extended Confidence (MEC) extended warranty. It added 6 years and 54k miles to to the 3/36 it came with. ($0 deductible)

Many dealers sell more profitable 3rd party warranties and pretend Mazda doesnt offer their own extensions.

Last edited:
When I bought my 16.5 2.75 years ago, I got a Mazda Extended Confidence (MEC) extended warranty. It added 6 years and 54k miles to to the 3/36 it came with. ($0 deductible)

Many dealers sell more profitable 3rd party warranties and pretend Mazda doesn*t offer their own extensions.

MEC only goes out to 100k miles. 3 years, for me. Not worth the savings over a 150k mile plan unless its dirt cheap, especially considering that by 150k, much more likely to have something die that "pays for the plan".

So that means there is a Mazda-backed extended warranty, but it only goes to 100k? Can anyone shed light on what factory/Mazda-backed warranties are available?

Not at all interested in aftermarket...

So that means there is a Mazda-backed extended warranty, but it only goes to 100k? Can anyone shed light on what factory/Mazda-backed warranties are available?

I'd probably pass on the <100K mile warranties honestly. That's a gamble worth taking. It's kindof the "middle" of the curve. Mechanical things fail early, or late, rarely "mid" lifecycle.

That said, you should be able to shop warranties online, no?
https://www.buywarranty.com/w/MazdaNH?wid=1&wid=1&wid=1

Take that to the dealer and ask them to beat it, or just buy it online, IMO

I guess I would consider aftermarket if it was a nationally recognized company that a Mazda dealer accepted. But I would be a bit leary if it...

Back