EX-MSP'er now a Miata Guy

:
2008 Mazda MX-5 5MT PRHT
Hello all! As some of you may know, I once owned #1660 Spicy Orange MSP. That's not today. Today is the day my life changes.

I've been told many times that a person needs to own at least one MX-5 in their lifetime. Any generation. I've been told they're a blast to drive. The best sports car, dollar for dollar. Most smiles per gallon. All these one-liners. Finally, I can say that I will be the proud owner of my first sports car, and what a proper one to start with. Granted, it's not in my name yet, but it's being transferred from NC to GA on a truck this week (hopefully) and once I give it my look over, I get to sign my name on the dotted line. The specs:

2008 Mazda Miata Hardtop
5 Speed Manual
Black/Black
28k on the odo
1 owner, clean history

No name just yet for the old girl but I'm having to give up my prized possession. Basically, I've been driving my old 1987 Dodge Colt Vista around as my daily for a number of months (almost a year in fact) because our budget got a little tight. No worries. However, more and more lately I've been dumping large amounts of money into a sinking ship. The car has great significance to me as I was merely 2 years old when my grandmother (RIP Gma Skrobot) bought the car from a local Dodge dealer to tote me around in. Since then, I've always loved the little Vista. One day in 2008, it was given to me by my father who took it when she passed in 2005. It's had about 8x as much money put into it than it's actually worth. Realistically it's had about 15x the money but whatever. It only has 107,900 miles on it to the day. Its living with my father again as of tomorrow. Being car folks, I know you'll understand this but I've cried about three times in the last few days at the idea that she is leaving me. Thankfully, she is staying with family and will be returning at an undetermined future date.

But, this is a Mazda forum and a Miata sub forum. Without further ado, here's a preview from the dealership of the Miata I'm to be intwined with.

525-2_zpslaghthvk.jpg
525-3_zpsgde8mozq.jpg

Thoughts? Tips? I'm wondering if there are any of those surrounds for the tails that make the tails look slimmer by circling the round bits and covering the rest up. Sort of like this.

(I know these are headlights but for the sake of, I can't find the tail light version, this is what I'm talking about)
01-05-Mazda-Miata-Front.jpg

Oh have I! Just washed her by hand today. Found a BUNCH of twisty roads near my house. I start a new job on Monday in a different town and it'll be backroads there. One of them is a road called "Cash Road."

This is before the wash.

IMG_4496_zpspe2e40yn.jpg

This is after.

IMG_4504_zpssq7m58nn.jpg

and this is Cash Road. Nice and curvy with a number of good hills.

Screen%20Shot%202015-06-05%20at%209.33.55%20PM_zpsrdqfznuv.png

Back