evo wing

yellowmsp035

:
Yellow 2003.5 MSP
i am in the process of getting the carbon fibre trunk and would absolutely love an evo with the carbon fibre center piece. does anybody know if it will fit our trunks or anything that looks like it. i saw the WW one but i dont like the bottom piece.thanks
-scott

i've been trying to get a couple different options together because i want a CF wing as well so i can paint it "EVO Style" to go with my theme, but as of yet, the closest i can come is the Seibon 99-01 IMprezza wing... however, they wouldnt open up the box to get actual product deminsions, so i only got the box deminsions from them.

If anyone knows, or can find the stock deminsions of the scoobie (not wrx, older 2.5rs impreza) wings we could have a perfect wing.

ya i have been lookin for a decent evo style wing for awhile now.i found a decent one with the middle is CF... i also would be a huge fan of the WW wing if it didnt have that ghey bottom piece

well i just got rid of my 2.5rs but i still go the the forum sometimes let me go and look and report my findings.....

Edit: Search turned up nothing, so i will post it up. We will need to know the width length and what else?? please help and i will post a thred

Last edited:
LEXi73 said:
well i just got rid of my 2.5rs but i still go the the forum sometimes let me go and look and report my findings.....

Edit: Search turned up nothing, so i will post it up. We will need to know the width length and what else?? please help and i will post a thred

Overall width, and inner width (between the two 'fins'). The height would also help out a lot to see how it compares with the stock MSP. Thanks for your help man!!!

As for the ebay auction... that actually could work well... but i still need demisions to see if its gonna be like 2x's higher than the stock msp one or even fit on the trunk... if any turn up, let us know!

i think they told me its 10" high and 51 inches wide.. i dont think the MSP trunk is 51 inches wide so i wasnt sure if that beast would fit.. nice looking wing i thought though

i remember some1 here had the intergra 99 type r wing in cf... if u painted the outer fins on it may look pretty good... and if it fits the rsx type r wing is very close to the style you guys are looking for and may look pretty good on our cars

can you get the RSX one in carbon fibre? and does anyone even know if it will fit? i already thought about using the overlay sheets on our stock spoiler for the center piece but it doesnt have enough change between the sides and the center piece to look good.

Attachments

• 569553_118_full.jpg
    569553_118_full.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 298
Yea i looked into the overlay for the wing... but it really isnt going to work that well because our wing doesnt have a defined edge like the evo wings, they kinda swoop outwards which would be impossible to get eh overlay to do, and if you didnt have it come up to that seam it would look like gay rice X's 10.

did you happen to measure the type R wing? just curious for the dimensions. nobody else knows the dimensions of the real evo wing or a replica evo wing do they?

I was just browsing the forum and stumbled across this thread, but could you go to a body shop and ask if they could get a replacement wing for an Evo VIII or MR? I know you're gonna be paying OEM costs and all, but if you've got the money, I guess that could work. People are gonna wreck their Evo's and or damage parts of them that need to be replaced... Someone's gotta have them.

well ghost was gonna hook it up with actual measurements cuz i forgot the tape measure when i went to the hangouts, but he hasnt pm'ed me back ill probably see that kid again tomorow so either way should have the measurements posted up by monday but by using random things to measure it looks like their trunk is slightly wider at the end because ours tapers in a little bit... but it is right there with ours so almost every1 thinks a good body shop can make it work

Last edited:
Back