Evo One remote starter weird behaviour...

:
-- 2016 CX5 GS
I installed the Evo One with 942 RF kit and used the Mazda T-harness on my 2016 CX5 Auto push button and I‘ve noticed a couple things ...

- When I open the trunk using Fortin remote, it opens half-way as it cannot actually be opened, unless I also unlock the car.
- When I unlock the car using Fortin remote, then close with Oem remote, and check status the Fortin thinks it’s still open.
- There’s no DTC codes via my basic OBD tool, but my Thinkcar tool shows a DTC U0338, start/stop system error.

Remote start works as expected though ...

Update:

I master reset bypass and starter, and when programming chose the 3x OEM remote start option, as well as updated firmware on my RF antenna, and now it seems to read the lock/unlock status correctly.

Also, picked unlock car before unlocking trunk and that fixed the trunk opening.

I was told the U0338 code is normal by Fortin support,- It doesn't sound normal to me but there's no CEL thrown, and most scan tools won't show it, so I guess I'll ignore it.

Update: Went to a Mazda dealer to update my PCM, and it went from mid 2015 to late 2018 software version (unrelated update to the starter), but the tech doing the flash also installs starters and he said right away that code is normal for Mazda's that use a T Harness, and it's pretty harmless.

Back