Evap Emissions and Fuel Pump?

hpmaxim

:
2003 Mazda Protege5
My P5 is mostly new to me, I've only been driving it for about a month now. I got it from my father a couple years ago and immediately replaced the fuel tank (it was leaking) and then let it sit. Now that I'm driving it, I've noticed a few issues:

1) Clutch point seems to move around sometime. Will bleed the clutch, hopefully that will take care of it.
2) I'm getting a P0455 code that comes back consistently if I clear the code. I'm somehow suspecting this may somehow be related the tank replacement.
3) Occasionally, I seem to lose power when coming out of a turn for a few seconds. I've mostly noticed this when I was relatively low on fuel. It makes me wonder if the aftermarket tank I put in might be missing some baffles in the tank and the fuel pump is momentarily starved of fuel because of fuel sloshing away from the pump intake as a result of cornering. Oddly, this usually happens only when I'm actually right at the exit of the turn. I think it usually occurs when turning right, but I'm not positive of that.

Latest posts

Back