Engine swap

Nice! Sorry for my dismissive comment earlier. That was caused by the amount of times inexperienced Honda fanboys have been on here asking about Honda swaps over the years.

I would've started with a k20 or k24, the motor and tranny are on the correct side for this car, and I bet the mounts would be in closer proximity to the actual locations.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Lmao no offense taken, I made the post for some laughs. My first attempt was going to be with a k24, but the engine and trans had to many issues. In many ways it would have been easier with a K, but I had about 90% of the parts laying around and said let's try.

Did you go standalone ecu?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Right now it is running on a 100% oem honda ecu. I have a aem v1 I could use, but I think I'm going to run a jumper harness and obd1 chip ecu when I go turbo just to keep it simple.

Sgt_smoku

:
2003.5 mazda protege
I got about 3200 into the drivetrain in my msp. Most of it custom fab'd by myself and a buddy. Like the 3in down pipe with no need for the thermostat spacer and it is designed around keeping the a/c compressor. ^.^ its not broke and works ice cold when i want it so why f**k with it ya know.

Speaking of which i pulled her out today and ran her a bit.

hornsfan10609

Certified Mazda Tech
:
2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege x2
Wow man I am impressed, I completely thought you were joking at first. Excellent work, and you are keeping an MSP on the road which I appreciate.

Simplist way is dont. You want a honda buy a honda. Unless your looking towards all the money time fab work for less preformance go for it. A well modified 400hp mazda and correct drive can chase 10s all day. If your trying to go north of that by stuffing in a honda engine be prepared for alot of dyi custom suspinsion and breaks may even have to stiffen up the front end idk anyone here north of 400 with no frame work? I cant speak im sitting just north of 350

Umm, the fastest Mazdaspeed in the world runs 10s, and it's a speed3 with at least 50k into it. No MSP is going to run 10s. I don't see how 'frame work' would be required if you are making 400hp. I am not a honda fan by any means but 'less performance' with an H22 vs an FS is a joke.

If someone has an MSP that runs 12s, they have an extremely fast MSP.

I got about 3200 into the drivetrain in my msp. Most of it custom fab'd by myself and a buddy. Like the 3in down pipe with no need for the thermostat spacer and it is designed around keeping the a/c compressor. ^.^ its not broke and works ice cold when i want it so why f**k with it ya know.

Speaking of which i pulled her out today and ran her a bit.

I have about $350 out of pocket into this project. The motor should be able to make a reliable 500hp on pump 93. If I wanted to keep ac that wouldn't really be a issue. Of I blow this motor up I have a number of spare blocks that I can shove in. For me it's a win win.

Wow man I am impressed, I completely thought you were joking at first. Excellent work, and you are keeping an MSP on the road which I appreciate.

Umm, the fastest Mazdaspeed in the world runs 10s, and it's a speed3 with at least 50k into it. No MSP is going to run 10s. I don't see how 'frame work' would be required if you are making 400hp. I am not a honda fan by any means but 'less performance' with an H22 vs an FS is a joke.

If someone has an MSP that runs 12s, they have an extremely fast MSP.

This is not a true h22, it's a f23 block and h22 head, making it a 2.3L, but dyno telling me about 210hp at the wheels. I may have to throw some slicks on and see what she runs when boosted. I don't see why a 10s pass would be a issue.

How a out this one ?? Saw this on YouTube https://youtu.be/MRpcwLycymg

That sounds really good, i don't see why I wouldn't be able to match that or beat it with simple piston and rod motor making 600+ hp

Sgt_smoku

:
2003.5 mazda protege
There was a 560 msp running high 9s 10s and ive also seen another one running about 500 running low 10s as well, they are out there

hornsfan10609

Certified Mazda Tech
:
2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege x2
I suppose I meant 'street legal' MSP running 10s. I wasn't picturing a completely stripped out car with half of it's panels in fiberglass and lexan windows. I have never seen an a protege in the 9s but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. There are drag cars out there but like I said, if you have a full-weight MSP that is street legal and runs in the 12s you have a very fast MSP.

:
01 blue mp3 (RIP), 01 blue mp3, 03 black mica msp
Man this is awesome great work here just mind blowingly cool to see this!

Sgt_smoku

:
2003.5 mazda protege
May 7th theres a big meet going on in my area at the race way ill let you know what i run if i run. My little msp is still street legal, currently running reserved(reason being i smoke these brand new firestones upto 60mph. Need a better set), 14lbs on gt2871 tuned on 93 3in to 2.5 all way back no cats no emissions issues no cels. Full interior.

Man this is awesome great work here just mind blowingly cool to see this!

Thanks buddy, something different is always fun. Better then junking a nice car do to engine issues.

May 7th theres a big meet going on in my area at the race way ill let you know what i run if i run. My little msp is still street legal, currently running reserved(reason being i smoke these brand new firestones upto 60mph. Need a better set), 14lbs on gt2871 tuned on 93 3in to 2.5 all way back no cats no emissions issues no cels. Full interior.

You need to play with your aligment and bushings. My crx makes 450 ft/lbs and I can hook on the street.

There are, mostly in Puerto Rico.

Puerto ricans are crazy and do some badass cars!