Engine monitoring recommendations/opinions

cuda

:
speed3
Working on a 2008 Speed3 and would like to know what options I have to monitor the engine. I already have a Hypertech Programmer so something other than an Access Port. Getting ready to do a downpipe and upgraded fuel pump and want to have the monitoring part figured out first. I found a Dashhawk and am thinking about getting it. Any thoughts or experience with the dashhawk?

also if you can find a dashhawk they're darn good.

but curious; why monitor if you have a hypertech and can't really change anything if something's wrong?

I assumed by monitoring I would be watching for low fuel psi= fuel pump failing. EGT's high=loose turbo inlet, loose boost tubes, vacuum leak. Does everyone who runs a downpipe have to have the ability to change parameters? Im just wanting to gain some more HP and have fun with it. Im still trying to learn the turbo setup....

You want to monitor regardless of which mod you have, its best to do so, that way if something isnt running right you can fix it. I have a hypertech as well and use a Dash Hawk, I was using an Ultragauge but it did not show all of the parameters I wanted to watch.

Thanks b e z...I appreciate the input. I havent heard any negative comments about the Dashhawk. Im defenitley getting one now. Curious though, why did MSD quit making the Dashhawk?

I am not sure why they did. I know when I bought my Dashhawk from a member on here I had to go on their site to update it to the latest software. I believe they have taken that update off of their site so I had to do some research to find the file. I had issues over the summer with mine so I called MSD to ask them about it and they were great. The guy said they had one left in the warehouse and without any questions he sent it to me to replace my faulty one. So I have had nothing but good things with the Dashhawk.

Sooo you guys might call me crazy BUT if you have an android theres a program called "Torque". It costs under 5$$, and you can purchase an obd2 port bluetooth connection for about 15$ on ebay, its called ELM327. This program monitors everything your car monitors, it datalogs on graphs, read and clears engine codes. I got it out of pure curiosity and i actually really like it. I know my HPFP is holding at about 1750 psi under full boost and im running about 12.5 afr under full boost as well...For under 20$ (you need an android phone). To be honest I couldnt find a dashawk so started to research other s*** and this is what i found.
(nana)

I have aeroforce mounted in driver's vent. Wanted something that was easy to install and look stock so I can leave it in there and not worry about it.

dsc2881w.jpg

Latest posts

Back