Enable touchscreen while in motion *not a hack*

Yea. If you can't tell, the more we talk about this, the more pissed off I get. Lol Can anyone explain to me how touching a screen is more dangerous than touching a knob? The only reason Mazda does this is so they can pat themselves on the back "look how much we care about your safety!". Apparently works though, judging by you anti touch screen folks. So I guess none of you are ever buying Jeep?
I was thinking about this Too...why even have a touchscreen, Mazda? Because I can't use it while driving, I rarely think to use it when not driving. Result: I don't really use it at all. I'm guessing I'm not the only one.

Sent from my LG V10

I think that reasoning behind the knob is that Mazda thinks that you won't have to take your eyes off of the road whilst using the knob. The problem with that is that you do have to look at the screen while twiddling the knob and your eyes come off the road at that time. Catch 22

I think that reasoning behind the knob is that Mazda thinks that you won't have to take your eyes off of the road whilst using the knob. The problem with that is that you do have to look at the screen while twiddling the knob and your eyes come off the road at that time. Catch 22

Yes, but you head is pointed in the general direction of the windshield.

And how is it any different with touching the screen? Head still aiming mostly forward. Come on now. Are you seriously suggesting you have to look...harder?? to touch a screen.

Sent from my LG V10

This whole distracted driving thing is just been beaten over our heads because of texting and now some of you people equate screen with phone, I guess? Using a touch screen is not as distracting as texting. We've been taking our eyes off the road to look at radios....since the 50s....

Sent from my LG V10

I applied this 'hack' yesterday to my CX-5. It worked perfectly and as advertised.

I'm betting some Mazda mechanic leaked it....

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Wow. Thanks for posting this. I did a road trip back in January and it was really annoying having to stop to do some pairing/music stuff with the bluetooth and cell phone.

Another nice thing about this hack is that not only does the touch screen work while the car is moving but you can also access and use the various options that got locked out when the car was in motion.

Unfortunately this hack does not work once the dealer upgraded me to version 59. Wish there was an equivalent hack for that version!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

One reason Mazda may have enabled the no touch when in motion; could be due to Mazda's concerned and advise from Japanese and American attorneys about the US market suing in court if there was an accident.

Getting annoyed by the reminder every time the car starts too. Is that really needed... Especially when you disable it for me?

Getting annoyed by the reminder every time the car starts too. Is that really needed... Especially when you disable it for me?

OMG.. seriously I wish it would go away. Yes Mazda I got it. Enough already.... (direct)(bang)

OMG.. seriously I wish it would go away. Yes Mazda I got it. Enough already.... (direct)(bang)

Yeah, that warning is VERY irritating! I just stopped looking at it.

Doesn't work for me :( nothing happens after I hold down DEL for 20 seconds

What version is your infotainment software?

The change that takes place when holding the DEL button down for 20 seconds is subtle, are you sure that it didn't change?

What version is your infotainment software?

The change that takes place when holding the DEL button down for 20 seconds is subtle, are you sure that it didn't change?

Yea I have tried numerous times and no matter how long I hold it for it never enters test mode. I have version 59.00.441 NA N

Yea I have tried numerous times and no matter how long I hold it for it never enters test mode. I have version 59.00.441 NA N

Well there you go. It seems that newer versions of the software aren't hackable in this way.

Doesn't work on .59. I said that in the first post. Otherwise I'd have done it. :(

I never use the touch screen, I only use the commander knob and voice controls. My reason is because I don't like finger prints on my screen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back