Electrical meltdown

I have had my 2009 CX-9 for 3 months. I was leaving and had started it with the remote, got in and turned the key to go and everything started going off. Not just security alarm but every possible light, sound and also weird letters and numbers on the middle mpg/miles to empty, bar. I pulled fuses to get the horn to stop but it smelled like the horn shorted out while everything was going on. Nothing stopped until the black remote start box was pulled from under the dash but then the car wouldn't start. Put it back, remote start doesn't work but car runs. Anyone else experience this craziness?

Wow, sounds like a big headache. I've never heard of this before.. my suggestion would be to check all fuses and replace as necessary. If the fuses keep blowing and causing the same issue to occur, take it to an automobile A/V shop or independent mechanic to further troubleshoot the issue.

2 weeks before this the defrost would blow on high when I turned the car off. Thankfully I found a thread about changing the blower motor relays so I'm changing those tonight.

Back