Dyno tunig question

Macadonious

:
Maxda3
Dyno tuning question

Will dynoing the 3 help with over all performance of the engine, or do you think it is a waste of money?

Last edited:
it depends.....if its your first dyno at least you will find out where you start.......but right now theres not much for the 3 yet so I would wait......we know its roughly around 160-170 now so I would dyno until I was going to make a few upgrades....if you dynoed everytime you added something it would be a waste of money....

The 160 to 170 is at the crank not the wheels. I had and Acura Integra that I had dyno'ed several times and The dyno guy burned a chip in the ECU. He also played with the air flow mixture and redline. I was just curious if dynoing this car with it being stock to adjust the air flow and redline as well as duty cycle of the injectors would be an improvement. I beleive our cars are only pushing about 120 to 130 whp.

If you want to start messing with stuff already go ahead...you can be the tester for the rest of us (silly)

Macadonious said:
Will dynoing the 3 help with over all performance of the engine, or do you think it is a waste of money?

I am dynoing mine on the 27th of march, just so I can have a baseline number to work with and so the community will have some idea what real world numbers are on the 3.

As far as dyno tuning which is stated in your topic, I would pretty much say that is useless, plus I doubt there is software out there yet to allow you to do this.

Its gonna take the aftermarket crowed almost 2 full years to really start pumping out some hot quality products.

Back