DRL fails after a recall service 8-\

:
2016 cx5
CX5 GT 2016
Fixed failed left DRL in 2017, had no issues since then
Went to do DRL recall service this April, that service is supposed to prevent DRL failures
The right DRL failed just now, WTF is that?!

What are my options, other than paying $1000 to fix it?
File a follow-up class action?

yrwei52

2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech Pkg
Contributor
:
Plano, Texas, USA
CX5 GT 2016
Fixed failed left DRL in 2017, had no issues since then
Went to do DRL recall service this April, that service is supposed to prevent DRL failures
The right DRL failed just now, WTF is that?!

What are my options, other than paying $1000 to fix it?
File a follow-up class action?
Just call Customer Experience Center, Mazda North American Operations and explain the situation and emphasize that the recall didn’t prevent the passenger side LED DRL failure. If your original passenger side LED headlight assembly isn’t the “J” version, the entire headlight should get replaced during the recall.

:
2016 CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech
I had recall work done on the drivers headlight in May. The drivers DRL still worked but was noticeably dimmer than the passenger (which was replaced in 2018). I tried to get them to give me a new headlight but they said under the recall they could not replace it unless it was completely out. Went for state inspection on July 1 and it was flickering again. They gave me a new headlight under my extended warranty.

Last edited:
:
2014 & 2019 CX-5 Touring(s)
The repair should be covered for a year anyway. If your recall was only in April, there should be no problem going back to the dealer and getting it fixed.

:
2016 cx5
Dealer inspected mine today, hopefully Mazda will approve replacement.
CX5 2016 DRL backlog is 4-5 months at this time. I assume all 36,761 produced require headlight units replacement.

yrwei52

2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech Pkg
Contributor
:
Plano, Texas, USA
Dealer inspected mine today, hopefully Mazda will approve replacement.
CX5 2016 DRL backlog is 4-5 months at this time. I assume all 36,761 produced require headlight units replacement.
Thanks for the update.

Latest posts