2014~2021 Drivers heated seat stopped working

:
Ottawa, Ontario
:
17 Mazda 6 GT
23 Kia Stinger GT Elite
Well, after just over two years of trouble free ownership, I have just experienced my first problem.
About a week ago, the drivers side seat cushion stopped heating up. The back side still works. I took it to the dealer yesterday, and they have ordered a new heat element for the seat portion. My big concern now is that it means they have to rip my seat apart. I have the GT premium edition with the Napa leather. Has anyone had this problem before, and how did it go with the removal and re-installation of the leather seat cover? I'm concerned that it won't be the same after they re/re the leather. I thought about just asking for a new seat assembly, but that didn't go over very well.
Thoughts?

Guess I'll answer and update my own post.
Before I do, I gotta say, the Mazda 6 section on this site is as dead as my great grandpa.
It's CX-5, or nothing. I guess that reflects the Mazda sales percentages.
Anyway, I had the seat fixed yesterday under warranty. Dealer was great. Took just over an hour.
They showed me the old heater. Turns out it comes as a complete seat bottom unit, not just the heating elements by themselves.
The heating elements are glued to the foam seat cushion, so it comes as one piece.
I was worried about the leather not going back on properly, but the guy did a good job.
You'd never know the seat was taken apart. The new seat bottom, being new, is a bit harder than the old one, so I guess I'll have to break it in again.
They also mentioned it's not the first time they've had to replace seat heaters.
Seems like a somewhat common problem with Mazda.
All in all, a painless experience though.
Last comment, for what it's worth: I'm not a big fan of this new site layout.
I much preferred the old site.
I'm given it a chance, thinking I'll get used to it, but so far, I don't really like it.
My apologies to the developers.

G
Guess I'll answer and update my own post.
Before I do, I gotta say, the Mazda 6 section on this site is as dead as my great grandpa.
It's CX-5, or nothing. I guess that reflects the Mazda sales percentages.
Anyway, I had the seat fixed yesterday under warranty. Dealer was great. Took just over an hour.
They showed me the old heater. Turns out it comes as a complete seat bottom unit, not just the heating elements by themselves.
The heating elements are glued to the foam seat cushion, so it comes as one piece.
I was worried about the leather not going back on properly, but the guy did a good job.
You'd never know the seat was taken apart. The new seat bottom, being new, is a bit harder than the old one, so I guess I'll have to break it in again.
They also mentioned it's not the first time they've had to replace seat heaters.
Seems like a somewhat common problem with Mazda.
All in all, a painless experience though.
Last comment, for what it's worth: I'm not a big fan of this new site layout.
I much preferred the old site.
I'm given it a chance, thinking I'll get used to it, but so far, I don't really like it.
My apologies to the developers.

Good to hear that the replacement went well! I think someone in the CX-5 or CX-9 sub was also having issues with their seat heater last year.

I'd suggest posting some more detailed feedback about the new forum here: https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/index.php?threads/issues-with-new-site.123870352/page-3#post-6674183

Admins, devs and mods are pretty receptive in my experience, and they'll likely look into making whatever improvements they can.

Back