Doors wouldnt unlock...

So a couple days after receiving the rocker arm recall... had an interesting experience where the doors would not unlock while inside of the car. I was trying to let someone in the passenger side and they wouldnt unlock. After reaching over and manually unlocking the person got in, pressed lock, everything locked, and then tried unlock again, no dice. Had the passenger try their unlock button, no dice. After restarting the car they came back to normal but very strange... gear was in park if that matters.

I would also like to add that the windows were freezing shut this past winter. Perhaps some moisture got in and damaged something? Bringing the vehicle to the dealer tomorrow for the recall and already let them know of the unlock issue and windows freezing in cold temps.

Not too pleased with the CX-5. Also think it has issues with acceleration, fuel economy, and the wipers dont come on quick enough after starting the vehicle (when on auto-sensing mode).

Last edited:
So a couple days after receiving the rocker arm recall... had an interesting experience where the doors would not unlock while inside of the car. I was trying to let someone in the passenger side and they wouldnt unlock. After reaching over and manually unlocking the person got in, pressed lock, everything locked, and then tried unlock again, no dice. Had the passenger try their unlock button, no dice. After restarting the car they came back to normal but very strange... gear was in park if that matters.

I would also like to add that the windows were freezing shut this past winter. Perhaps some moisture got in and damaged something? Bringing the vehicle to the dealer tomorrow for the recall and already let them know of the unlock issue and windows freezing in cold temps.

Not too pleased with the CX-5. Also think it has issues with acceleration, fuel economy, and the wipers dont come on quick enough after starting the vehicle (when on auto-sensing mode).

Some people have reported that some of their settings were reset after getting the car back after the recall (likely due to whether or not the technician disconnected the battery or not during the process). Have you checked your auto-lock settings to be sure they are configured the same way they were before the recall?

Windows freeze shut sometimes. Water can get into the weatherstripping during a car wash and freeze, and if the windows are frozen well enough, the wiper motor won't be able to pull the window free. It happened on my 91 and my 99 Accord, it happened on my 08 IS250, and it happens on my 06 Civic and my 18 CX-9. Best way to avoid it is to dry the weatherstripping out immediately after a car wash. Same thing happens to doors (if you wash the car with a pressure washer). Condensation could also freeze the window to the weatherstripping, but I'm not entirely sure if that's possible.

Last edited:
Some people have reported that some of their settings were reset after getting the car back after the recall (likely due to whether or not the technician disconnected the battery or not during the process). Have you checked your auto-lock settings to be sure they are configured the same way they were before the recall?

Windows freeze shut sometimes. Water can get into the weatherstripping during a car wash and freeze, and if the windows are frozen well enough, the wiper motor won't be able to pull the window free. It happened on my 91 and my 99 Accord, it happened on my 08 IS250, and it happens on my 06 Civic and my 18 CX-9. Best way to avoid it is to dry the weatherstripping out immediately after a car wash. Same thing happens to doors (if you wash the car with a pressure washer). Condensation could also freeze the window to the weatherstripping, but I'm not entirely sure if that's possible.

Sorry I meant to say receiving the recall notice not the recall itself.

As for freezing windows, I have never had a problem in any vehicle and they have always been kept outside. Typically have to roll down to swipe RFID. Even a day or two after a rain storm, putting the window up and down, the entire window is wet with streaks, so water is hanging out somewhere...

Sorry I meant to say receiving the recall notice not the recall itself.

As for freezing windows, I have never had a problem in any vehicle and they have always been kept outside. Typically have to roll down to swipe RFID. Even a day or two after a rain storm, putting the window up and down, the entire window is wet with streaks, so water is hanging out somewhere...

Hmm, I don't think any of my cars did that. Usually after a car wash, I'll get those wet streaks for at least half a day, even with drying the car. But two days after a rainstorm? I'd say that's out of the ordinary. Keep us updated with what the dealer finds.

Back