Doors locking??

mixmasterlove

Contributor
I unlocked my 2012 today and started talking to a neighbor and the car locked itself automaticly. I even tried it again in case I pressed the button on the remote. Is this normal OR is there a fix? Thanks

I believe it is a 30 second delay if no door is open, they re-lock. My 07 MZ3 does the same. Not sure if there is a work around.

I unlocked my 2012 today and started talking to a neighbor and the car locked itself automaticly. I even tried it again in case I pressed the button on the remote. Is this normal OR is there a fix? Thanks

It is normal. It is a setting your dealer can change for you if you don't like it.

It is so that if you accidentally unlock the car as you are walking away, you dont have an unlocked car in the parking lot of a mall.

I've had an Acura, Saturn, Honda, Lexus and now Mazda, all with this same feature. I don't think you can override it.

Depending on the setting, It will autolock once you start the car or put it in gear too. Fun to watch the wife trying to "get in -get in!" when I roll by to pick her up.

Thus far though, she is not amused. (toetap)

Back