Does compressor goes on when it's cold out?

Weborific

Hi again! Title asks it all.... Is there a temperature cut-off that would stop the compressor from kicking-in? It's about 6 degrees celsius now and it's not working... THANKS!

there is no thermal cut out switch on our cars but then again i really havent done much ac work on our cars either but i dont there is one

The compressor will run if you are on defrost or mix defrost/feet selections. Auto stupid nonsense function to help braindead people defog their windshield due to not being able to crack the window a little to let out the humid s***. There is a how-to to disable that function by cutting 2 paths on the control circuit board where the compressor will only run when the AC button is pushed. Search for auto AC disable.

Hi again! Title asks it all.... Is there a temperature cut-off that would stop the compressor from kicking-in? It's about 6 degrees celsius now and it's not working... THANKS!

And you need the a/c why? lol

Follow above post and disreguard mine:)

You guys crack me up! As i12drivemymp5 indicated, the A/C is used to defog the windows by removing humidity. I really need that function for the winter. In that situation, the A/C button will be un-lit, but still use the A/C to remove humidity. Because it uses the A/C during all selector positions EXCEPT the straight-in-your-face position even when the A/C light is NOT lit, people have chosen to disable that feature to save on fuel. As for my A/C problem...I just read in our manual today the the A/C may not run if the temperature is near the freezing mark (which it is). So hopefully there's my explanation... THANKS!!

You guys crack me up! As i12drivemymp5 indicated, the A/C is used to defog the windows by removing humidity. I really need that function for the winter. In that situation, the A/C button will be un-lit, but still use the A/C to remove humidity. Because it uses the A/C during all selector positions EXCEPT the straight-in-your-face position even when the A/C light is NOT lit, people have chosen to disable that feature to save on fuel. As for my A/C problem...I just read in our manual today the the A/C may not run if the temperature is near the freezing mark (which it is). So hopefully there's my explanation... THANKS!!

Only uses A/C during defrost and feet/defrost modes. There have been numerous posts on this. but the definitive answer for me was when I started the car, sat there parked, turned off the stereo, opened the door and you can hear it kick in on those two modes only. And yes it works great for removing humidity and has barely affected gas mileage. I don't really mind paying $1.50 more per tank for the convenience of not having to crack a window in cold weather or while driving at highway speeds (noisy and windy). Anyway this has all been talked to death about already. Do a search before posting people!!!

i DID do a search! You didn't read my initial question.... Nor did you read my answer that the manual says the A/C (or compressor, don't remember which) doesn't run when the outside temp is near zero degrees celsius.

Back