Do You Recommend Using Reusable Dryflow Air Filters?

I used K&N, but I only recommend OE paper filters to people unless they really appreciate a bit responsiveness and a touch of HP increase... there is risk on massive air sensor if you over oil it... just FYI.

I've been replacing mine every 25,000 miles or so and I was wondering if buying a reusable dry air filter was worth the money. Anyone here use dry air flow filters? I linked the one I'm particularly interested in buying.

AEM Dry Flow Air Filter: Amazon.com: AEM 28-20480 Dryflow Air Filter: Automotive

The CorkSport intake for the Mazda6 2.5T, CX-5 2.5T and CX-9 comes with a cone-style AEM Dryflow filter. Because it's washable, you'd be able to get quite a few uses out of it. Apparently, washing these filters is fairly easy.

Basically, spray down the outside of the filter (or on a panel-type, spray down the "bottom") with the cleaning solution, let it soak, then rinse with a jet of water from the outside, in. Allow it to dry, then reinstall.

You may not even need to buy the AEM or K&N cleaning solution. Just mix up a solution of water and Simple Green in a spray bottle instead.

The CorkSport intake for the Mazda6 2.5T, CX-5 2.5T and CX-9 comes with a cone-style AEM Dryflow filter. Because it's washable, you'd be able to get quite a few uses out of it. Apparently, washing these filters is fairly easy.

Basically, spray down the outside of the filter (or on a panel-type, spray down the "bottom") with the cleaning solution, let it soak, then rinse with a jet of water from the outside, in. Allow it to dry, then reinstall.

You may not even need to buy the AEM or K&N cleaning solution. Just mix up a solution of water and Simple Green in a spray bottle instead.

I have always considered their intake, but I always hear issues regarding loss in low end power which definitely deter me from pulling the trigger on an aftermarket intake.

Back