Distressing Dealer News

Pitter

Pitter
Contributor
:
2020 CX-5 Signature Azul Metalico
Not for the rest of you but today I got an email from Mazda saying that only two of the four dealerships currently in Cali, Colombia are authorized to sell and service Mazda vehicles after January 2, 2020. I bought my car several months ago from one of the now unauthorized dealerships.This news is a bummer as they were excellent in every way. Not sure what the import of this but it is unsettling.

Not for the rest of you but today I got an email from Mazda saying that only two of the four dealerships currently in Cali, Colombia are authorized to sell and service Mazda vehicles after January 2, 2020. I bought my car several months ago from one of the now unauthorized dealerships.This news is a bummer as they were excellent in every way. Not sure what the import of this but it is unsettling.
Dang, that sucks. You build a relationship with these dealers. Hopefully the “authorized” one’s aren’t too far for you.

Do you think the ex-dealers would tell you what happened?

Yes fortunately the closest dealer to me for servicing remains authorized but I'm uncomfortable with the trend. The now unauthorized dealer where I bought the car is quite a ways away so I probably won't be driving down there to ask what happened. Until about ten years ago some Mazdas were assembled in Bogota and had been for a long time. I had a 4x4 truck assembled there, excellent but then news came out that they were closing the plant and no more Mazdas would be built in Colombia.

Back