Disable power lift gate BEEP BEEP?

Ex2b8

:
2018 CX-5 Touring w/ Preferred Pkg
Hello everyone,

New here. I purchased my 18 CX-5 Touring w/ Preferred Pkg in machine gray a few weeks ago and so far loving every minute driving it. A question Im hoping somebody can help me with though - is there any way to shut off the lift gate release sound when opening/closing? Or to lower the volume of it anyhow. Thanks

Garrett

Sorry afraid not. Just checked the owners manual and no option to turn off. It's an on all the time warning notification

There's no option to mute the sound. It's most likely for safety to warn whoever is back there in case you're opening the lift gate and someone is walking by, don't want to hit someone =) Although I feel like the lock/unlock is louder than the lift gate warning sound.

It beeps? Oy. Lame. Another reason I'm glad I don't have it.

Not lame considering if someone got injured by the tailgate, the lawsuit would state no beeping warning sound.....

Sad state of reality I'm afraid

Actually wasnt. I love the new CX5 but this one feature I truly hate. And it just gets worse now. LOL Does Honda do it too or is this more Mazda nannying? Anyone kmow of other companies beep?

Actually wasnt. I love the new CX5 but this one feature I truly hate. And it just gets worse now. LOL Does Honda do it too or is this more Mazda nannying? Anyone kmow of other companies beep?

Don't think it's widespread although that might change as manufacturers usually follow each other and release similar features, security and warning features.

The RAV4 does it and on top of that, takes an eternity to open or close.

I*d cheerfully do away with that feature.

The RAV4 does it and on top of that, takes an eternity to open or close.

I*d cheerfully do away with that feature.

Yes, I had a RAV4 given to me as a hire car on one of the occasions my rear brake siezed. I hated the electric tailgate as it was so slow, plus when having to reverse park close to a wall at my former employer I had to stop it manually before it fully opened and hit the wall when I was taking my work bag out the back. It did have a warning label not to stop the tailgate manually, but needs must. This really put me off electric tailgates. Automation for automations' sake in my view. (Interestingly, my apostrophes are ok and not *). I thought it might be UK keyboard issues, but appears not.

Hello everyone,

New here. I purchased my 18 CX-5 Touring w/ Preferred Pkg in machine gray a few weeks ago and so far loving every minute driving it. A question Im hoping somebody can help me with though - is there any way to shut off the lift gate release sound when opening/closing? Or to lower the volume of it anyhow. Thanks

Garrett

I agree, its really annoying. I asked the garage to disconnect it and they said that when they did this, it was connected to other bits that would then not work. There must be a way of switching the buzzer off.

Latest posts

Back