Difficulty filling up gas

Hi all,

Have been having trouble fueling my car. At first i noticed that the pump cut off earlier than when the tank is full. The problem became worse and now it takes me about 10 minutes to put in 20 litres of fuel.

Basically, the anti spill mechanism on the fueling gun triggers because the fuel doesn't go into the tank. If I wait a bit I can fuel another 2-3 litres.

It's either an air displacement problem or a clogging problem.

Any insight?

sounds like it could be related to the evap canister or the purge/vent solenoid...I've dealt with this on a few cars in the past that I've owned and its usually one or the other.

I just remembered... A couple of guys found a spiders nest in their vent tube... It's actually quite common.

Mazda had a 'spider recall' for the 2nd gen 6, a certain type of spider that lives up north and is attracted to the smell of gas would make nests in the evap lines.

The only time my car had this problem I found the rubber line for the charcoal canister that runs from the firewall to the purge solenoid by the throttle body was torn. Replaced the line and it pumped gas normally after that

Mazda had a 'spider recall' for the 2nd gen 6, a certain type of spider that lives up north and is attracted to the smell of gas would make nests in the evap lines.

I remember reading it here on the forum a few years back... One guy on his P5 and another guy with a different car..

Post a picture of that Canadian spider if you catch it.

Interesting, which end of the tube?

I'm assuming tube "A"... Try disconnecting it to see if it's full of gas or spiders.
Try stuffing something like a coat hanger up the metal tube A.
Your "one way check valve" maybe jammed or something as well.

Back