DGM lip paint?

oh yeah and lots of 2x sided tape... the more the merrier... make sure ur applying it on a clean surface.

ps REMOVING MOST 2X SIDED TAPE = BIATCH... COULD REMOVE UR A CLEAR COAT..

you wont remove the clear cloat its just a b****.

dana just put a strip or two on the front piece where your FMIC is, and put two screws in the wheel well on each side and youll be good.

skilletrx said:
drill 2 holes into the wheel well...many used screws..i used rivets

If I use a screw, what does the screw actually bite into other than the thin bumper uretheyne?

How long does the lip take to take it's form?

Corwin tried to get me to come over to his hot tub and "hang out". He mentioned something about putting my bumper in it so that it reverted to it's natural form, but I thing it was all a ploy for gay sex.

pepper1.jpg

mmm hmm sexy ;)

Kooldino said:
How long does the lip take to take it's form?

Corwin tried to get me to come over to his hot tub and "hang out". He mentioned something about putting my bumper in it so that it reverted to it's natural form, but I thing it was all a ploy for gay sex.
the hot tub option should really only take less than an hour and then let it sit for a day and you're good... without the hot tub (how I did it due to lack of hot tub) I left it out in the sun for a weekend (leaving it in the garage overnight) and then installed it the following Friday. it never moved with one strip of 2-sided tape on the lower grill section and two screws in each wheel well.

as far as anyone worried about the 2-sided tape and removal:
get a "pin stripe removal wheel" that is basically a urethane/rubber disc that has a drill bit in the middle. its obnoxiously fast and you can do your body molding removal at the same time (in less than 30 minutes without chemicals...). most auto parts stores that carry body shop tools will have them for under $10...

PhreakV said:
the hot tub option should really only take less than an hour and then let it sit for a day and you're good... without the hot tub (how I did it due to lack of hot tub) I left it out in the sun for a weekend (leaving it in the garage overnight) and then installed it the following Friday. it never moved with one strip of 2-sided tape on the lower grill section and two screws in each wheel well.

Cool, I have mine sitting in my garage right now. It's not warm out today, but when it's hot around here, it's EVEN hotter in my garage. I have it sitting on the ends that go into the wheel well, facing up.

John from DG may be able tell you (or maybe has told you) what position is best to lay it out. personally I just cut a 2x4 to the approximate width of the car and layed it out horizontally, as if it was already on the car with the 2x4 holding out the ends. mine was an older gen (that had to much oil that made it too flexible to do it the way you are) so your's prolly won't bow in the middle the way mine would've...

no matter how it works out you're sure to love the look, even if it means paying extra attention when you're pulling in/out of everything :D

Hey guys, just saw this thread and thought it might be a good place to ask. I have a lip kit on order (front lip, side skirts, rear sprats, and grille) should arrive today or tomorrow. How much should I expect for paint on it?

PhreakV said:
John from DG may be able tell you (or maybe has told you) what position is best to lay it out. personally I just cut a 2x4 to the approximate width of the car and layed it out horizontally, as if it was already on the car with the 2x4 holding out the ends. mine was an older gen (that had to much oil that made it too flexible to do it the way you are) so your's prolly won't bow in the middle the way mine would've...

no matter how it works out you're sure to love the look, even if it means paying extra attention when you're pulling in/out of everything :D
Sweet.

i paid 150 to get mine painted, guy said it was a bich to paint,, he installed it for me too used double sided tape and a screw on each side. I used a blowdryer to make mine go back to normal shape took me like an hour or so

I just threw mine in the bathtub to make it go to the normal shape, took about 1 minute. Painting cost $175 CDN. 1 piece of 2 way tape and 2 bolts on each side to hold it down.

Dropped it off today at the body shop. They gave me an estimate of $125. (thumbs)

Not bad at all... I'm very suprised people are getting quoted as low as they are. Maybe the run of the mill body shop charges more in the NW... :shrug:

I'm ordering my paint tomorrow. These lips look awesome. :)

Back