DGM lip paint?

Yeah right, I've already completed the Rex Kwando training program.

I picked my lip up on Friday and installed it on Saturday.

I put two screws in each wheel well.

The double sided tape, though, doesn't stick for crap. I'm thinking of trying velcro.

The center isn't up against the grill (it's about 1/2" forward) and I have a few small gaps...

-at the corners between the center and the fog lights
-where the wheel well bulges out

Any advice?

Also, today is the first day I've driven it with the lip on. I already managed to give it some road rash...going up a driveway...not a big or very steep incline, but it scraped the bottom front driver's corner. I take it this happens to everyone? Oh well, $hit happens.

I've had mine on for almost 3 months... haven't got any road rash (nock on wood)

The double sided tape I used doesn't work that great either,I have been thinking of taking it apart to see if there was another way I could get it to stick better....

Kooldino said:
I picked my lip up on Friday and installed it on Saturday.

I put two screws in each wheel well.

The double sided tape, though, doesn't stick for crap. I'm thinking of trying velcro.

The center isn't up against the grill (it's about 1/2" forward) and I have a few small gaps...

-at the corners between the center and the fog lights
-where the wheel well bulges out

Any advice?

Also, today is the first day I've driven it with the lip on. I already managed to give it some road rash...going up a driveway...not a big or very steep incline, but it scraped the bottom front driver's corner. I take it this happens to everyone? Oh well, $hit happens.

angles with everything no matter how shallow it looks...

Also like i told you drill and put screws underneath where the vent come in. It should go into a lil lip undneath the fog. You may have to adjust the wheel well screws. I suggest removing the wheels and make sure both sides are level to avoid buldging.

SenorCorwin said:
Also like i told you drill and put screws underneath where the vent come in. It should go into a lil lip undneath the fog.

I was planning on building some simple brackets to mount from the vent area to the bumper.

I'll post pics once it's done so others can use the idea if they like.

Screw into what i attached and itll look as tight as pictured.
9.JPG

Attachments

• DSC00152.JPG
    DSC00152.JPG
    34.1 KB · Views: 97
Ok, i drilled one hole on each side and put a nut/bolt through it. It helps, but it's still not perfect...the center part is still 1/2" shy of being flush w/ the grill. Beats a full inch.

Back