Deactivate airbags?

I don't want to alarm anybody with the answer though. Just looking at the feasibility of the thing, and insurance considerations after the attempt, glad that it turned into an informative discussion!

"I don't want to alarm anybody with the answer though."

You've alarmed most of us with your question , I think. I doubt that your answer would alarm anyone more than we've already are.

Without an answer I'm starting to think that perhaps you're just trolling us? I have some other thoughts on this but I'm trying to keep it civil.

"I don't want to alarm anybody with the answer though."

You've alarmed most of us with your question , I think. I doubt that your answer would alarm anyone more than we've already are.

Without an answer I'm starting to think that perhaps you're just trolling us? I have some other thoughts on this but I'm trying to keep it civil.
Why are you getting so rattled over this simple discussion? I was asking this to consider 'taking ones life' options, to have no impact on anybody's property and leave no trouble for folks behind. Nothing more. You don't have to get sensitive over this, I actually learned a lot form people's input.

Why are you getting so rattled over this simple discussion? I was asking this to consider 'taking ones life' options, to have no impact on anybody's property and leave no trouble for folks behind. Nothing more. You don't have to get sensitive over this, I actually learned a lot form people's input.

Now I know that you're trolling us. I'm done here.

Now I know that you're trolling us. I'm done here.
I never had any intent of trolling anybody, I owe everything I know about my CX5 to this forum, and I am grateful for such quality info I find here and the knowledge of all the contributors, including you Conrad. If this was taken as Troll, I'm sorry (my Canadian side), that was never my intent.

I never had any intent of trolling anybody, I owe everything I know about my CX5 to this forum, and I am grateful for such quality info I find here and the knowledge of all the contributors, including you Conrad. If this was taken as Troll, I'm sorry (my Canadian side), that was never my intent.

Ok, maybe I'm not done. I read this discussion to my wife and she thinks that I took the wrong tact with you. I have to agree with her considering what you said.

Please reconsider your decision on deactivating your airbags and the reason for doing so. Please.

It's ok, just wanted to make sure you knew I was serious about the info I needed and that i will never troll anybody here, as I'm extremely grateful for all the info this forum provided me with. I wish you a great Sunday, cheers from Québec.

@GoodGuyD , now don't go checkin' out on us when you just got started with the group a few months ago! I like your vibe and feel like you belong here with this group and have good information to contribute. I think I remember you saying you have a 2016.5 like my other cx5. Doesn't that make us almost, like, brothers or sumpin' :cool:?

@GoodGuyD , now don't go checkin' out on us when you just got started with the group a few months ago! I like your vibe and feel like you belong here with this group and have good information to contribute. I think I remember you saying you have a 2016.5 like my other cx5. Doesn't that make us almost, like, brothers or sumpin' :cool:?
Kind of yeah

1 866 277-3553
365 days a year, 24/7, you can call 1 866 277-3553 to speak to someone. Do not hesitate, qualified help is always available to assist and answer your questions. They are available to talk at all times.

Requoting this because of how important this is. Call and speak to someone who might be able to help.

Also @GoodGuyD, feel free to post in this thread. We are all about support, which I know can be hard to find in times like these, with C-19 messing with everything.

Because, if you wear seat belts, air bags are redundant. I despise them. Nanny state over-reach.

Air bags are redundant? What's the seatbelt gonna do for you if a truck t-bones you? Go ahead and disable the side curtain bags too while you're at it.

Air bags are redundant? What's the seatbelt gonna do for you if a truck t-bones you? Go ahead and disable the side curtain bags too while you're at it.
Or if you T-bone a truck. Had a woman driving a big Ram pickup truck pull right out in front of me when I was driving my Acura Integra. I was doing about 40mph and nailed her good. My airbag went off, I walked away without a scratch. Car not so much.
Luckily she was truthful and told the cop that she didn't see me since my car was white and there was snow piled all around.

Back