Dashcam with invisicord on 2019 GT/PP

:
2019 CX-5 GT-PP
Ive read a bunch of threads concerning mounting dashcams and wiring them. The ones that mention the Invisicord all seem to be for 2016-2017 models.

I dont know much about how the mirror in 2019 GT with the premium package is wired. The Invisicord site seems focused on radar detectors. Can anyone confirm that the Invisicord can work on the 2019?

Confirming the invisicord works on my '17 CX5. I used it with a Garmin dashcam but the invisicord won't charge a Garmin so I reverted to just using the plug in cable. If you use any other brand of dashcam, the invisicord should be fine.

Ive read a bunch of threads concerning mounting dashcams and wiring them. The ones that mention the Invisicord all seem to be for 2016-2017 models.

I dont know much about how the mirror in 2019 GT with the premium package is wired. The Invisicord site seems focused on radar detectors. Can anyone confirm that the Invisicord can work on the 2019?

I used a direct wire powercord from the manufacturer of my dashcam bought from Amazon. The Invisicord looks to be about the same thing, but I didn't see output ratings, which you'll have to make sure line up with what your dashcam requires.

I*ve read a bunch of threads concerning mounting dashcams and wiring them. The ones that mention the Invisicord all seem to be for 2016-2017 models.

I don*t know much about how the mirror in 2019 GT with the premium package is wired. The Invisicord site seems focused on radar detectors. Can anyone confirm that the Invisicord can work on the 2019?

Did you ever find an answer to this? I'm trying to figure this out as well.

Did you ever find an answer to this? I'm trying to figure this out as well.

I haven't found anything specific to this model, but in general it should be ok. I found a competitor to invisicord, called MirrorTap by BlendMount, that comes with multiple connectors.

What I've learned is that all you need is a power and ground, but you need to be aware of whether the power is always on or ignition on only. I do worry about always-on in the mirror, because I think the Home Link feature might use it, and obviously always-on with a dashcam will drain and ruin your battery unless protected.

I also gather that these work by plugging a wire into the backside of the connector, basically piggy backing (pig tailing?) into the wire coming from the chassis. This is different from my original, bad guess that they simply inserted a y-connector using compatible sockets. The advantage of the MirrorTap for this purpose is that you get to pick the wire with the best fit.

I wish I knew why Garmin doesn't work with these. They're just wires.

Edit: This CX-9 thread is also very useful: https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123865004-2nd-Generation-CX-9-Dashcam-installation

Last edited:
Hi,

I just installed Garmin Dashcam Mini and a radar detector. I wired into the connector for the mirror. attached is picture showing the wiring. This is a 2019 CX-5 GT.
IMG_6814.JPG
IMG_6819.JPG
IMG_6820.JPG

so just to confirm the Invisicord does NOT work for the Garmin dash cams? That sucks.. any alternative that are low profile and work the same.

Is the Viofo bulky? I was looking for something slim and its okay to put it on the black dotted area?I was going to put it towards the passenger side as opposed to the driver side.

The way I’ve installed it is pretty out of the way. I don’t really notice it while driving.
It was less in the way here than getting it inside the wiper area on the passenger side. Didn’t want my wife to have a camera in her face all the time.
As for mounting in the black dotted area, the lens is super wide so I ended up catching a bit of the dots in my view but othwerwise is fine. I could have fixed it by moving it an inch over.

did you tap the mirror for always on or just when you turn on the engine?

I tapped it for on/off with the car. I don't drive daily so didn't want to drain the battery with parking mode. I also park on the street.

I ordered it directly from their site, shipped to Canada. Took about 3 weeks for me for about $55 CAD. I figure Americans will get it much faster, as he ships quickly after ordering.

Not sure if you can tell from my pics, but I hid the bump in the invisicord inside the sensor compartment behind the mirror. It's easy to open and just shove the extra cable inside.

I tapped it for on/off with the car. I don't drive daily so didn't want to drain the battery with parking mode. I also park on the street.

I ordered it directly from their site, shipped to Canada. Took about 3 weeks for me for about $55 CAD. I figure Americans will get it much faster, as he ships quickly after ordering.

Not sure if you can tell from my pics, but I hid the bump in the invisicord inside the sensor compartment behind the mirror. It's easy to open and just shove the extra cable inside.
Is there a clip to open the sensory part?

You just shove your finger in the hole and pull towards you until you hear a click as it unlatches, and then you just slide the covers apart.
Awesome thanks! I’m excited I’m almost done just need to know which wire to tap for switched power.

I know the ground is the middle black one.
B1DF6901-4942-4996-9C4C-7C296978FFFC.jpeg

Back