Dashcam with invisicord on 2019 GT/PP

V
2019 CX-5 GT-PP
Ive read a bunch of threads concerning mounting dashcams and wiring them. The ones that mention the Invisicord all seem to be for 2016-2017 models.

I dont know much about how the mirror in 2019 GT with the premium package is wired. The Invisicord site seems focused on radar detectors. Can anyone confirm that the Invisicord can work on the 2019?

V
2017 CX-5 GT AWD
Confirming the invisicord works on my '17 CX5. I used it with a Garmin dashcam but the invisicord won't charge a Garmin so I reverted to just using the plug in cable. If you use any other brand of dashcam, the invisicord should be fine.

Ive read a bunch of threads concerning mounting dashcams and wiring them. The ones that mention the Invisicord all seem to be for 2016-2017 models.

I dont know much about how the mirror in 2019 GT with the premium package is wired. The Invisicord site seems focused on radar detectors. Can anyone confirm that the Invisicord can work on the 2019?
I used a direct wire powercord from the manufacturer of my dashcam bought from Amazon. The Invisicord looks to be about the same thing, but I didn't see output ratings, which you'll have to make sure line up with what your dashcam requires.

V
2019 CX-9 GT
I*ve read a bunch of threads concerning mounting dashcams and wiring them. The ones that mention the Invisicord all seem to be for 2016-2017 models.

I don*t know much about how the mirror in 2019 GT with the premium package is wired. The Invisicord site seems focused on radar detectors. Can anyone confirm that the Invisicord can work on the 2019?
Did you ever find an answer to this? I'm trying to figure this out as well.

V
2019 CX-5 GT-PP
Did you ever find an answer to this? I'm trying to figure this out as well.
I haven't found anything specific to this model, but in general it should be ok. I found a competitor to invisicord, called MirrorTap by BlendMount, that comes with multiple connectors.

What I've learned is that all you need is a power and ground, but you need to be aware of whether the power is always on or ignition on only. I do worry about always-on in the mirror, because I think the Home Link feature might use it, and obviously always-on with a dashcam will drain and ruin your battery unless protected.

I also gather that these work by plugging a wire into the backside of the connector, basically piggy backing (pig tailing?) into the wire coming from the chassis. This is different from my original, bad guess that they simply inserted a y-connector using compatible sockets. The advantage of the MirrorTap for this purpose is that you get to pick the wire with the best fit.

I wish I knew why Garmin doesn't work with these. They're just wires.

Edit: This CX-9 thread is also very useful: https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123865004-2nd-Generation-CX-9-Dashcam-installation

Last edited:
Hi,

I just installed Garmin Dashcam Mini and a radar detector. I wired into the connector for the mirror. attached is picture showing the wiring. This is a 2019 CX-5 GT.
IMG_6814.JPG
IMG_6819.JPG
IMG_6820.JPG