2017~2024 Dashboard rattle noise

greeting all, this is my first time posting in these forum. since there are not many CX-5 user in my country (indonesia), I would like to make a post here to discuss my car problem.

I have been using this car for almost a year and half, I just realized that my car is starting to make noises around the dashboard, especially in the middle panel air vent section. I checked everything (empty the glovebox and sunglasses box). I forgot to take a picture, i just put random image from google.

1584598591947.png

does anyone have this kind of problem? it becomes irritated especially on paver block road.

sorry for my bad English☹

No fair you get a CD player!

No rattle on my 2019 with 10K miles on it.. still a bit early to compare I guess.

The dash in that area does come apart quite easily.. so I would suggest a quick disassemble to see if there is anything obvious like a wire or similar bumping around.

No fair you get a CD player!

No rattle on my 2019 with 10K miles on it.. still a bit early to compare I guess.

The dash in that area does come apart quite easily.. so I would suggest a quick disassemble to see if there is anything obvious like a wire or similar bumping around.

I never use that CD player, always use bluetooth music.
yeah, I should try to apart the center vent to trace where the sound comes from.

QUOTE="Sceleung, post: 6683346, member: 180200"]
My 2019 CX5 has the same issue
The noise is coming from the center air vent
[/QUOTE]

we are in the same book, do you find the solution?

i was hearing a rattle inside mine as well i looked everywhere for like 10 mins and came to find out it was the seatbelt buckle. if its standing up (not in use) when the car moves for some reason it makes a rattle noise, all i did was push it down where its nicely tight between center console and seat and noise stopped.

i was hearing a rattle inside mine as well i looked everywhere for like 10 mins and came to find out it was the seatbelt buckle. if its standing up (not in use) when the car moves for some reason it makes a rattle noise, all i did was push it down where its nicely tight between center console and seat and noise stopped.

yeah it happened to me as well. somehow when the buckle is not used, it makes rattle noise. I just push the buckle down just like what you did.

Back