Dashboard buttons?

Hello.
I'm working on a project on mazda5, got to add a few buttons or switch rockers to the dashboard.
What are those buttons to the left from the rudder called? I guess they are standard size, how to google those?

There are multiple switches which will fit that location. It really kind of depends on how you want to wire things up.

On my old Mz3 I bought an OEM TCS disable switch from a newer 3, then wired it to a flip flop (DPDT) relay to run my demon eyes. The TCS is just single push toggle switch, so it needed the relay to switch between them being on/off. The relay I used would always return to position 1 when power was cut, so the demon eyes would turn off when I cut power, and still be off when I started the car. The guy I bought the relay from used a similar set up to toggle on his backup camera while he was driving. He still had it set up to turn on in reverse, but that way he could hit the switch, trigger the relay and it displayed what was behind him. Another push and it flipped back to his radio.

There were several aftermarket fog light kits which came with a dash switch vs. replacing the turn signal stalk. One of those switches would work for you. I’ve seen a couple different styles from a rocker, to one with multiple switches (possible single push switches) in one unit.

This might fit..... not sure if the actual rocker is too long for the space since those switches tend to be a little recessed.

Here‘s a combo style switch

And here’s a pretty cool looking switch I just ran across..... two switches built in with multiple options provided for how they’re labeled. Advertised as ford and Mazda pickup switch, so likely the same fit as Mazda switches.

1589547214619.jpeg

I pulled some from various Mazda cars at a junk yard. I think a 626, 323, older 3, 6 and tribute may fit. You will know when you see them. Just make sure they function how you want. I think the 626 and 323 work better as far as functioning logically.

If the 626 and 323 were similar to the older protege they were a really simple two position rocker switch. Off was flush with the frame of the switch. Pushed down was at a mild angle to the frame of the switch.

Back