Damn curbs

Well I was late for school about a month ago and i was turning onto the road and some guy ran the red light so i turned not to hit him and ran into a ditch in the side of the road. Ever since then whenever i let go of the wheel the car goes to the right. Well I took the car to the shop to get the alignment redone and they told me that they wouldnt cuz i messed up the axil when i bottomed out AND they said that my control arm and strut tower were s*** canned! How dose bottoming out mess up my strut tower and control arm? They estimate it at $1000 and i know it can be done cheaper, any sugestions?

You should have hit him. I learned that when I did the same and ran into a curb. Got the police ther and everything. Cop said there was no damage to your car cause by him, if you would have hit him then he would have to fix your car.

For me it was a bent rim.

Take it to another mechanic and find out exactly whats wrong. Then change it out yourself! Should save you more then half the cash.

i guess that depends on how hard you hit....did you ahve to get pulled out of the ditch? sounds like a lot of damage for as not bad as it seems from your post. i agree with zero - go somewhere else and see if they tell you the same thing. or try to get mazda to take a look at it without charging you (good luck).

i hade that happen to me in my MX-6 thouhg it was a semi, it cracked the CV joint bent the axil, bent the strut and tower, I payed 1600 to get it fixed

Well i decided to take a look at it myself and to my suprise there is deffinetly something wrong with it. The from right tire is about one inch further forward than all the other tires. When I bottomed out I had to rock the car to get it out and there was ALOT of scraping. I took my car to the dealer for an allignment cuz it was pulling right and they did it BUT told me after the fact that there was something wrong and ever seince then the belt has been ticking alot and the engine dosent purrrrrrrr like it use to

Back