Cx7 With the Bose System

nikedout

I am installing an aftermarket radio but for now keeping the stock Bose Speakers etc... If installing a new head unit, do you need to rewire each and every speaker in the car du to the fact that there maybe a pre amp factory installed in the car already. I had heard that there might be a trick to bypassing this if need be. I just want to know if anyone has any info befroe i dive into this....
Thanks.

I'd love to know the answer to this as well, I'm wanting to remove the factory HU to go with a nav system but we have Bose, too. The tech at Crutchfield told me I could not just plug in, I would either have to use an interface or rewire speakers from the amp, and no interface was available yet. Back in my '01 Grand Prix I had a Bose system and everyone said you could not remove the Bose HU, but I did for an aftermarket and had no problems at all, so I'm not sure if the same will be true here or not?

the bose radio uses 2v pre outs so the "trick" is to add RCA connectors to those and run that to your external amp. If you're replacing the factory head unit and using the factory speakers you'd have to wire either from the amp or run wire from the head unit to every speaker, no interface available for that yet. Also the Bose speakers are 2ohm while aftermarket radio's and amps are usually rated at 4ohm impedence so you will most likely see a reduction in performance to the factory speakers by changing radios to an aftermarket one.

Replace Bose Unit

So iw ould most likely have to add an amp to the car in order for the aftermarket radio to run the speakers in the car already??

With my GP, I kept the stock Bose amp, just changed the HU, which in turn ran the Bose amp, and I had no problems at all. Talking to Crutchfield the guy said there was an adapter for that year, but I didn't use anything, and it worked fine? I really don't want to pay for another amp, I'd rather keep the Bose amp & speakers, just changing the HU. Is that possible?

If that harness is the same as in that picture, it should/will fit the standard 4 speaker system. I don't know if the bose system uses a different harness though.

Sonic Electronix has some good deals, but I wouldn't count on them to know for sure about whether that plug would work for the Bose system. As far as I know there is no bypass at this point for us... you may want to PM CXRabbit about this as that system put in was totally custom done by a good shop. They might have some more insight into what was done on their side...

CX7 Aftermarket Radio With Bose AMP!!

I just installed an aftermarket radio with monitors as well as speakers ....
There is no way to install an after market radio without putting in new speakers as well as an amp. The amp is proprietarty to Bose and they wont even help you out when you call thier tech support lines. Also the Bose speakers are all different ohm's and there is no way to hook the stock speakers up to an aftermarket radio as the speakers will not work.

Bose Head Unit

The stock speakers in the car will not work on the new model CX7 WILL NOT WORK with the speakers that are in the car even if they are wired direct. It has something to do with the ohm's of the speakers as well as the out put of the amp and the remote turn on for the amp. At least this is what i was told by the installer as well as Mazda...

Thats interesting because CXrabbit had a very professional install done and she used her OEM BOSE speakers with a new Pioneer NAV system, so I don't see where the problem would lay, they are just speakers.

There other people that have aftermarket radios installed and I have not heard of any of them having to re-wiring. But I do not know if it has to do with brand.

Also if it;s such as hassle then why would scosche list on the instructions to purchase there MA03B wiring harness? If some people suggest re-wiring.

I am calling scosche to double check.

Back