CX5 Speed sign detection - over speed warning

:
2018 AWD GT Premium Red/Black
Hmm, you're right, my manual says that too. Must be a misprint. I agree with the OP, I prefer 5 and 10 mph. Actually I would call it 1, 6, and 11 instead of 0, 5, and 10 based on how it works, but that's just "splitting hairs" :).

Yeah, I hope there is a 10/11 mph option when/if the diesel comes out.

:
2018 CX-5 Touring AWD (with Premium package)
0, +5, +10 MPH in USA. Gkdolla, go to settings, safety, traffic sign recognition system on the infotainment system to turn it on and set the warning level.

Unfortunately, I don't get the option to set a + speed. I only get Traffic Sign system On/Off. I only see 2017 models in this thread, so perhaps the ability to adjust the + was removed for 2018. I can get the dealer to do it, but that's a hassle.

:
Carless
Unfortunately, I don't get the option to set a + speed. I only get Traffic Sign system On/Off. I only see 2017 models in this thread, so perhaps the ability to adjust the + was removed for 2018. I can get the dealer to do it, but that's a hassle.

i got a 2018 and am able to set the yellow icon around the sign at 0, 5 or 10. I think you can also set it to bump instead of just the yellow icon.

:
CX-5 Touring
This is the 2nd thread I've seen recently on this topic. I've never heard of this speed warning. Is this a new feature from a software update? Is it only available on specific model years and trims?

:
2018 CX-5 Grand Touring
Maybe :) It seems we got stuck with their daytime running lights for some reason.

But, it does say in the US manual 3 and 6.2 MPH so who knows. I'll try mine tomorrow.

I was just watching on my commute in this morning and it is definitely 5 and 10 MPH in U.S. regardless of what manual says.

:
2018 CX-5 Grand Touring
This is the 2nd thread I've seen recently on this topic. I've never heard of this speed warning. Is this a new feature from a software update? Is it only available on specific model years and trims?

I think it's only GT with premium package. If you have the HUD, you should have this also. If not, then no, AFAIK.

:
'18 Mazda CX-5 Akera KG i-Activ AWD 2.5L In Sonic Silver
Maybe it's the warnings from MZD connect (it has speed warnings) (uhm)

:
2017 CX-5 GT AWD
It is under Settings > Safety > Traffic Sign Recognition System. There are toggles to set the speed warnings to visual or audible, 5 or 10 over the speed limit. 2017 GT w/Premium and HUD.

:
2018 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring-Premium Pkg. Soul Red
There were constant audio warnings on the "on ramps" that got so annoying I disabled all warnings.

Mine starts to blink amber at 1mph over the limit then turns to steady amber after that. I’ll have to look for those settings.

:
'18 Mazda CX-5 Akera KG i-Activ AWD 2.5L In Sonic Silver
Was reading the owners manual this morning and I guess you guys know this about Traffic Sign Recognition System(TSR) but I'd thought I'd post this as an F.Y.I.

I remember some posts or a thread on this forum where people weren't sure about how TSR was updating when there weren't any signs on the road.

The extract is from our owners manual & I've highlighted the key areas: