CX5 Speed sign detection - over speed warning

Hmm, you're right, my manual says that too. Must be a misprint. I agree with the OP, I prefer 5 and 10 mph. Actually I would call it 1, 6, and 11 instead of 0, 5, and 10 based on how it works, but that's just "splitting hairs" :).

Yeah, I hope there is a 10/11 mph option when/if the diesel comes out.

0, +5, +10 MPH in USA. Gkdolla, go to settings, safety, traffic sign recognition system on the infotainment system to turn it on and set the warning level.

Unfortunately, I don't get the option to set a + speed. I only get Traffic Sign system On/Off. I only see 2017 models in this thread, so perhaps the ability to adjust the + was removed for 2018. I can get the dealer to do it, but that's a hassle.

Unfortunately, I don't get the option to set a + speed. I only get Traffic Sign system On/Off. I only see 2017 models in this thread, so perhaps the ability to adjust the + was removed for 2018. I can get the dealer to do it, but that's a hassle.

i got a 2018 and am able to set the yellow icon around the sign at 0, 5 or 10. I think you can also set it to bump instead of just the yellow icon.

This is the 2nd thread I've seen recently on this topic. I've never heard of this speed warning. Is this a new feature from a software update? Is it only available on specific model years and trims?

Maybe :) It seems we got stuck with their daytime running lights for some reason.

But, it does say in the US manual 3 and 6.2 MPH so who knows. I'll try mine tomorrow.

I was just watching on my commute in this morning and it is definitely 5 and 10 MPH in U.S. regardless of what manual says.

This is the 2nd thread I've seen recently on this topic. I've never heard of this speed warning. Is this a new feature from a software update? Is it only available on specific model years and trims?

I think it's only GT with premium package. If you have the HUD, you should have this also. If not, then no, AFAIK.

Maybe it's the warnings from MZD connect (it has speed warnings) (uhm)

It is under Settings > Safety > Traffic Sign Recognition System. There are toggles to set the speed warnings to visual or audible, 5 or 10 over the speed limit. 2017 GT w/Premium and HUD.

There were constant audio warnings on the "on ramps" that got so annoying I disabled all warnings.

Mine starts to blink amber at 1mph over the limit then turns to steady amber after that. I’ll have to look for those settings.

Was reading the owners manual this morning and I guess you guys know this about Traffic Sign Recognition System(TSR) but I'd thought I'd post this as an F.Y.I.

I remember some posts or a thread on this forum where people weren't sure about how TSR was updating when there weren't any signs on the road.

The extract is from our owners manual & I've highlighted the key areas:

2r2wrro.jpg

Back